• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPENER!

DonBo

I'll be spending the MN opener in Wyoming bowhunting antelope.

Hope some of that cool weather we're gonna get, hits us out there!

Although sitting in a ground blind at a water hole for a few days in 70-80's might help me sweat away a few pounds that I've been wanting to drop! LOL

Good luck everyone!!! Looking forward to seeing some success stories and pics!

Brian

So looking forward to it......

Found out I am probably going to have to work...

Wife told me she will keep the stand occupied, so it looks like her and my son-in-law will be in the stand and daughter and I will be working.

Looks like my opening day will not happen until Monday or later, oh well.

I'm hoping to sneak out for a bit on Saturday but I coach my sons football team and we have an am game so it will be Saturday night for a bit. Sunday my daughter has fastpitch tourney so I probably won't get out at all. Looking foreward to some quality time on stand this year. I took the Friday off before Halloween and the whole week leading up to shotgun season off to hunt so hopefully I can tag out on a nice deer in Mn and head over to Wisc to go for round 2!

Tunrevir~

No I just don't expect to see a shooter buck Sunday morning so I target does, if a biggin comes by I will be happy to shoot him. I also like to target does close to the road for dragging purposes and rarely see mature bucks in those areas during shooting hours. On the other side of that coin my buck hunting locations are usually a ways back and often a tangle so I will pass anything outside of my personal buck standards because it's a real pain to get them out. grin

For sure! With a bow, tag, and an open season of course! wink I'll be in a classroom for the next two nights and then I should be leaving for the SE on Friday after work. Took Monday off so I can hunt Sunday night.

Akin to Bear's logic, I plan to pass on does Saturday and Sunday but maybe take one Monday morning if I get the chance. I'll be hunting the bottom of a bluff with no road access. I can get a wheeler down there but I don't want to disturb the area much. It's the place I've seen the best average bucks on all the property we have to hunt. I wish I would have had some scouting time to put in this year vs. going off what I saw last year but that's pretty typical for me.

Good luck everyone.