• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kind of bow do you have?

walleyeking19

This is one of those questions that doesn't have a right answer. Its like asking which pair of shoes I should buy. I don't think there is a bad bow on the market. I currently shoot an Elite Pure and love it. I also have a Bowtech and its very good also. I would go to a shop and shoot as many as you can and then choose what feels best to you. I prefer a longer axle to axle but that's me. There are a ton of good bows out right now and you don't have to buy the top of the line to get something that's going to last a long time.

Agree with huntnfish it is up to the person, I am in the same boat, this spring I shot the hoyt carbon bow, matthewsz7 and the bowtech destroyer, out off all three the bowtwech was the cheapest but the one i like most and the one that fit me. Shoot as many as you can and figure out which one is right for you. I would however recommend a bow with a brace height of over 7 inches, easier shooting

Kettle

Z7 xtreme. 3rd time shooting i wanted to see what kind of group i could get. I started at 40 yds so i wouldn't ruin any arrows. Got my first Robihood. Was shooting Martin cheetah last year. I think putting a sight with a bubble level on it really improved my shooting 30 yds and beyond.

Darton Vapor with 60 pound pull at 25 inch pull lenght I have been looking into maybe going out to try a Mathews z7 extreme. Im a short guy with short hands 5feet 5 inches and would like the smaller frame of the z7. My darton vapor bow is the only bow i have ever shot so to me its perfect but i am sure some of these other well known brand name bows are way better just havent had the opportunity to try them.

I shot Hoyt for a number of years and loved them. Now I shoot a Destroyer 340 and love it too.. Shooting 3 outta 4 in a 8" circle at 80 yds tonight.. My favorite bow I've owned so far. My buddy has the new Bear Carnage and I shot that a few times, a real sweet shooting bow and dead in the hand. But go shoot as many as you can and grab the one that feels right for YOU! Get alot of one on one time with it, learn how to shoot it and you will love the bow YOU choose!

Good luck.

Shoot a Bowtech Diamond Stud, going on the 2nd year with it and truly love the shooting of the bow. Shot a PSE before that then sold it to my future son-in-law and he is chucking darts with it. I would not have sold it, but it was a 70lb draw and I wanted to go to 60lb.

Shot other bows at the time to purchase and this was the one.

Bowtech destroyer for me. But everyone has different taste so you will just have to go test some. I don't think there is a brand to stay away from, but to a degree it is get what you pay for. What are you looking to spend?

I'm thinking like $400 or $500. Being in college, I dont have tons of money, but I've been saving for this for a while.

For about 600 you can get a bowtech assasin all set up ready to shoot good sight for a package deal also my son bought one this spring

sweet shooting bow for the price

Yeah, that is good deal on nice bow. I ended up getting a Diamond Rock 2.0 ready to hunt for just under $500. Shoots nice for me, and I just wanted to keep price under the $500 mark. Mine was a discontinued model so the price was good on it, but still a nice bow. Real small and light.

I am newbie though, so anything I probably think is nice, haha! And being new, the package equipment (I did get a NAP Apache rest which I like) will work fine until I know what I want after using it more. Having fun so far!

Diamond Outlaw. $500 for the RAK system (Ready Aim Kill). Everything came included as a package - sight, rest, stabilizer, wrist sling, quiver and string silencers, etc. It was picked as the best "cheap" bow by F&S, which is why I took a look at it and really liked it. Does have an abrubt back wall but you quickly get used to it. It's smooooooth draw, fast and quiet. Good luck on whatever you end up with.