• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Itchy?

Scoot

Anyone else starting to get the itch for bowhunting? I don't really ever lose it, but it's really starting to grow now. I've got one big fishing trip left this Summer, but after that I'll be pretty well locked into archery mode. I'm going to start scouting more for a moose in ND and I hope to get a trailcam up at my mo-in-law's place near Ada, MN to sniff around for deer. I'm really hopefull the places I hunt haven't been too badly hurt by the tough Winter. Regardless, I'm excited and looking forward to getting back in the woods. Anyone else getting the itch?

Yeah I got it bad scoot. Hung a couple of new sets this weekend. One of them I am really excited to hunt seems like a great setup it is between the only water source in the area and my food plot. the other should be good to I hope I also mowed off an area to put in a new food plot in the next couple of weeks. been doing alot of scouting from the roads as of lately seeing a number of bucks a few that I think will be in the 150 to 160" range come season I have also seen a number of young bucks that got the free pass last year thanks to the apr restrictions. overall things are looking very promiseing for this fall.

Ah Yea!!!

Been shooting almost everyday, even in the 90+ weather.

Wife and I put in our 1st ever food plot this year. Have our fingers crossed.

Moved 2 stands around, need to check the camera's, but not sure how long I want to leave them until I check them.

Had to help my daughter and her fiance get zeroed in with their set-ups.

The itch is getting scratched, but not enough until September.

Me too, I have a buddy who bought 25 acres and has been planting trees and food plots since spring. I am very jealous, thats all we talk about every time we talk on the phone. Where I hunt is about 100 miles from Fargo where I live and we just had a baby he is almost 5 weeks old. So I hope I can get some good sits in this year.

Yep the "itch" is really starting to ramp up. Like you said, I think about it all year long but as it gets closer my blood starts to pump with excitement. Trail camps have been running for a few weeks now, nothing to get me going crazy yet but its early. By this time of year fishing starts to become an afterthought for me and I really try and finish up a few projects around the house so my fall is free and clear of anything.

Itchy ain't the word for it! Those dang horse flies are relentless and boy do they itch! I was going to check all my stands this weekend but the landowner told me about the horse flies and skeeters so we just played horse shoes and barbequed! Plus the humidity was too much to go walking in the woods.

Going to scout a new property in WI soon & hang some stands. Not really getting the itch too bad yet, but when we get over that way need to make use of the trip. Watching deer in my pine plantings in the evenings telling my son, hey there's one you can shoot this year that dad isn't going to shoot.

Still in pretty hardcore fishing mode at least through July.

more than an itch right now... I just got permission to hunt a vegetable farm with crop damage permits, have to talk to the workers to figure out when I can go hunt, but I think I can go starting in August if I want to.

Urban archery starts Sept 1 here, have a few places to check out and hang some stands... somehow I ended up with 3 new ones from that big electronic bidding site smile

My MN stuff is all done except running some cameras, ND is still in the process, got some good permission on some good looking stuff. Bought my rifle tag for nebraska and got our tags for wyoming antelope, now just waiting to apply for SD and will be done.

Going to be a busy but exciting year.

I am losing sleep already. Going to ND this year for the first time for opener. Super pumped about that, along with MN opener. have to check cameras yet, but the crop is coming in nice on the food plots! Could be a good one, just need to find the time to get it all done!

Just a little over a month before I can try find me a ND moose! After that, I'll be chasing muleys and whitetail- can't wait!!! I hope to get a trailcam up in MN this weekend.

Yep, I'm very excited to get after that and try to make good on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. However, reports of moose in my zone are very few and far between, so I'm having a tough time getting optimistic. It's not a high density zone by any means, but it sounds like numbers are really down this year. I got my first report of a single moose sighting last week and I've got eyes out in a lot of areas that supposedly hold the most animals in my zone. I'll try to stay optimistic, but it's not been easy with the lack of encouraging reports thus far.

I always get excited to hunt deer too- doesn't matter if I've got an elk tag, a muley hunt planned, or whatever- I LOVE sitting in the stand and chasing whitetails...

well, just got back from the first bowhunt of the year (crop damage permits). Normally wouldn't think hunting in July during 85 degrees sounds appealing, but since it has been near triple digits, a high of 85 and maybe 75 in the shade felt downright cool smile

not much moving tonight, although my buddy missed a doe broadside at 20 yards somehow.

Went and put a re-charged 6 volt battery to my trail camera and placed a small salt block in the trail so they stay there long enough to take multiple pictures, also put out another trail camera closer to the edge of the real thick creek bottom and poured some Deer Cane on the ground in front of the camera to see what gets the picture taken. The land owner said there have been reports of bear in these woods! Maybe it's Yogi waiting for a picinic basket at the adjoing park! blush