• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What annoys you most while hunting?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word annoying is in play way more today than 20 years ago. When I drive between 2-4 hours away to hunt my private grounds to only find boot tracks or empty shell casings that shouldn't be there. When you walk the same 4 properties for 35years you kinda know the lay of the land pretty well. So I get up to hunt at 2:30 AM, make the drive, see that no the land wasn't left alone like it should be, kinda annoying.

Tresspassers.

I've hunted a piece of private property for 4 years. I am walking to my second stand on the second day of rifle hunting in WI and I see someone in it. I get there and tell him he in my stand. He tells me it is private property. I said, I know, your on it, in my stand. I booted the guy from Ted (Lino Lakes) out of my stand which is clearly marked with my name and phone number.

He has the gall to tell me to chill out while he starts walking away.

While I'm steaming mad and climbing up my tree, this monster runs by - I can't even get a shot off and it goes right into the woodline he walked into. Dude shoots the deer. Turns out Teds friend is driving/pushing deer off of another piece private property back to his friend Ted who was sitting in my stand.

I walked up, Ted is getting their four wheeler. I shoot this photo and walked out. The property owner is a single woman who basically said she is afraid of the guy as they are a rowdy bunch. I was disgusted.

(yes I photoshopped the leaves dark)

full-33703-8034-screenshot2011_04_21at4.

man that is not a good situation. i would of told the the gal who ownes the property to call the sheriff and explain the situation. it's not right to have that gal live in fear of these loosers. they get by with it because no action is taken as i see it. it's not a good idea to confront individuals while firearms are involved even over a deer. sure was a nice buck. tresspassing is against the law and these clowns need to know it. but let law enforcement take care of this, i think a citation or stern warning would take care of the matter. good luck.

Wind different than forecast is high on my list.

Also when hunting pastures having the cattle decide they have to be right under your stand. 25 acre pasture, sneak back in the woods, they don't know I'm there, but they just decide to go there. No food, no reason to go there. Have deer coming see cattle & go the other way. You have to laugh, but it's frustrating. That's when you're thinking why didn't I bring a handful of small rocks up the tree with me?

A few that come to mind are wild/loose dogs and disrespectful people. I'm not too thrilled about dogs chasing deer by my stands. I've had a few encounters over the year - frustrating for sure.

Another was just last season, I had my wife out with me in the bowstand. It was during firearms so we had our orange on. The neighbor kids were out in the pasture 150 yds away and started talking loud and pointing at us. A short while later a pickup returned and drove down the fenceline honking the horn. I felt like shooting an arrow in the side of their truck! Somehow, we still managed to see 4 deer that evening so it wasn't completely bad but where's the respect?

I hate when I fall alseep and deer go by me...tends to happen pretty often. blush

I also have an issue with road hunters, clowns driving up and down the roads looking for an easy shot and often times on private properety or in a less then safe scenerio. I always get nervous when I have deer between me and the farm roads or highway or the grouse hunters go poking by at 3 mph.

I hate when I fall alseep and deer go by me...tends to happen pretty often. blush

I hear that! I hunted a new stand for rifle last year. Sat all morning without seeing a thing. About noon I did one of those jerk wake up things, where you don't know you fell a sleep until you jerk and almost fall out of your stand, only to see a white flag bouncing back into the woods! cry The only deer I seen on that stand all day! frown

I agree with trespasses. After I tracked my buck 80 yards last year, I found he dropped 10 yards from a groundblind. It's my uncles land. Myself and the neighbour who helped me get the buck out are the only people with permission. I left a little present inside.

Making my own mistakes annoys me the most. Putting in all the effort to get close to an animal and then doing something, or not doing something and missing out on an opportunity. Most of the other stuff I've encountered so many times that I just blow it off. I've taken deer in other people's fresh tracks just after they've passed my stand. You never know what can happen.

Making my own mistakes annoys me the most. Putting in all the effort to get close to an animal and then doing something, or not doing something and missing out on an opportunity.

I actually consider all the mistakes I made over the years a good thing, kind of like a full blown bowhunting education corse. Most of the time you can't be taught to do everything right, you have to mess up and learn from your mistakes.

Now I look at all my bonehead moves and laugh.

Oh, I get the learning part! I love to learn and if an opportunity fades because I have no experience with it, that's fine and I still get satisfaction from the experience.

It's when I say "I knew it!! mad" that gets me.

Totally different from the "I knew it!! grin", you understand... laugh

Misquotes and litter! It [PoorWordUsage] me off knowing that someone was tough enough to carry in a candy bar or pop but not man enough to bring it home and throw it in the trash! Never really had a problem with trespassers but that would definitely [PoorWordUsage] me off!