• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quite a day!

I've been helping the kids get their shop going so have been really busy for awhile. Got to take today off and I made the most of it.

Started by visiting a couple of good buddies on Burntside. I didn't fish but slung the bull around for awhile.

Went to a place down the road on a tip, and found this guy:

sh3.gif

sh4.gif

Stopped at another friend's shack on the way back and got a couple of shots of this mangy canid:

sh2.gif

And got just about to home and found one more little treat:

sh1.gif

Ah, the retired life! grin

The wolf is going to be grainy. He was in the shade with sun behind and I overexposed 1 2/3. The shrikes look clean on my work computer but do look a bit grainy on my email computer. I'll have to go back over them and check.

Overexposed. The background sun was setting the exposure for the image. In order to get some detail I had to overexpose and blow out the sun which wasn't going to be in my final framing anyway. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and the wolf was still too dark for clean detail.

The shrike sat in a small popple about 25 feet from me and posed for almost 5 minutes. Shot over 100 frames with half a dozen poses! I'll never see that again!

Quote:
Isn't it a treat to drive around during the middle of the week, in the middle day and be able to stop and look at all the great things around us?

Oh Jackie, you have that right! grin

Nice series and great job on the shrike that is not a very approachable species. It seems like the majority of the wolves in the the cook/lake cnty areas I have seen are suffering from mange right now. I bet he is going to be awfully cold tonight.