• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats yer job??

JohnMickish

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. I've looked at this therad long enough without replying.

I get to listen to you men and women all day long talk about some of your favorite things, while I wish I was out doing it instead of listening to you.

I'm a manager for a Gander Mountain. It's kind of like being a bartender. I just sit back and listen to you vent, then walk you over to your cure................

I'm a technical services veterinarian for a major veterinary pharmaceutical company. If you give your dog a monthly heartworm preventive, there's a good chance that it is our product (it's the #1 product). If you apply a topical flea product to your dog or cat, it's probaby ours (it's also #1).

No, I don't treat fish even though my name is Dr Fish. I DO try to treat them to a good time on the end of my fishing line.

POS field service technician based in Fargo.

In other words, I drive an average of 3000 miles a month in the tristate area to grocery stores and restaurants fixing their computers, scanners, scales, printers, credit card readers, time clocks or whatever we contract for. Spend a week a month, 24/7 on call, walking customers in a 12 state area through getting their crashed businesses back up or dispatching a tech in the area to go onsite. Also a part-time Hewlett Packard rep at the retail level.

Prior to this I owned and operated a snowmobile/motorcycle/hunting-fishing store. After a 3rd "should have been killed but walked away" accident I decided crashing computers offered a better chance of staying alive. Have hunted and fished all my life with a few years off for the career change education.

Great to see you all here, and Thanks for all the hints and tips!

I'm a self employed graphic designer. Just recently started working out of my home.

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 05-23-2004).]

I'm I GIS technician working at a Engineering firm in St Cloud. Just got accepted to Grad school in Winona. Going for my Master's in GIS. So I guess I'll have to learn how to fish the river down there!

------------------
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day'

Full time father of 5 girls.
Husband to avid fisherwoman (WAM).
Fly airplanes to pay the bills.
Occasionally get to fish myself.

Office Manager at a Christian Publishing company. We only have about 30 employees, so that means I'm the "computer guy" & the "safety guy" & a wear a bunch of other hats too. Great place to work, but no serious fishermen to talk to & basically only one weekend a year deer hunters. The conversation on this HSOforum's a life saver.