• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter scenes from the farm

I haven't been on here much lately, but thought I would share some images from our last blizzard.

Taken through the window out our back door

5283558496_f45be2c028.jpg

Morning after...out the front window.

5283561134_44801aa232.jpg

A closer view of my front yard in the light of the sunrise

5282962669_2c7131889c.jpg

Once I got geared up for a trek outside, I found some really cool sculptures created by the wind

5282967057_95383518ac.jpg

When I ran this drift through the Photoshop auto adjust, I liked what it did to the colors and contrast. Not a look I usually attempt, anyway.

5283574968_e54b36d8c4.jpg

Thanks, guys. Since church had gotten canceled on Sunday morning, I bundled up and headed outside for a little photo challenge between a few friends. I was worried about being too cold (it was -6 air temp, and -27 wind chill), so I put on my technical running gear under my Carhartt's. After about an hour walking my entire yard and the grove, I came up with 70 shots. Had to quit since the sweat was running. laugh

It has been a long time since I've just gone out and walked the yard with the camera. You get a new appreciation for things when you walk around with a "photographer" frame of mind.