• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

marcum service question?

mrpike1973

first off i'm not bashing marcum i had a lx 1 fish finder when they were bought out i needed service and couldnt because they were gone sold or something. so i sold it i would really like to buy there lx 1 again do you think i'll get stung or are they in it for the long haul. i heard there made in usa is that true. again i'm not trying to be a jerk i just dont want to get one then no serviceability thanks

I have the LX3 and have not had any service issue now over the 4 years I have owned it. I had a buddy send one in for an upgrade and it was a fairly speedy process.(dont know exact time frame). I wish I could answer more of your questions but I would reccomend a Marcum.

mrpike: Put your worries aside. Versa Electronics of St. Paul, Minnesota, bought the Marcum line of electronics early last year, and produces Marcum and Showdown products at their facility on Quebec Avenue, St.Paul, Mn. The formally China produced items, which caused lots of problems, enhanced by a poor company, is now wholly owned by Versa. Give my friends Jon or Chris a call @ 1-888-778-1208 at Versa, and they'll take care of you. Tell 'em Rebel sent ya. grin

Marcum is not only safe and secure it is growing everyday, not only as a strong Minnesota company but also in respect as they become the benchmark for fishing electronics.

Amen. Wish you were gonna be at the St. Paul show..... wink

I had a very positive experience with Jon this last winter. I was having issues with my LX5 powerhead and not reading properly. I sent it in when Marcum was still located in Bemidji, Brainerd or one of those towns up north (previous owners).

Last winter I was still having the same problems, so I called Marcum customer service and spoke with Jon. Jon said what more than likely happened when I first sent it in and the company was changing owners nothing was even done and they just mailed it back to me.

He told me that I could mail it to him and they would cover shipping. Since it was the prime of the year I asked him if I could bring it to him. To make a long story short, brought it there, brand new powerhead and a new battery for bringing it to him. I probably waited in the lobby for 15 min and was on my way and a life long Marcum fan. I have no problem sharing and writing my story because it was such a positive experience. A company like that is really what customer service is supposed to be like.

I have a LX3. At the beginning of the second season it stopped working. It would not come on. I took it back to the store that I bought it from and they sent it in for service. Marcum fixed the unit and it has worked fine ever since so I have no qualms with the quality of work they do, but it took them 3 weeks to send it back and that was with next day delivery both directions which I paid extra for. I hope they have improved their turn around time.

One of many posts of bad service. I wonder wants going on over there?

Well that’s an interesting comment. This post was originated by a questions about the standard rumors that always magically start just before the St. Paul ice show or icast show; funny how that works. The question was then answered by several people talking about the good customer service and great experiences. Eight positive posts about Marcum service and no bad ones if I counted correctly. So how is that negative?

Ya want my customer service take on it?

Now remember I live 4 ½ hours north of the cities.

Four or five years ago I get a LX-3 to try and wrap the ducer cable in the track of my snowmobile; Marcum turned it in three days. Next year my Marcum gets crushed between 100lb propane cylinder and the auger in an accident messing something up inside, Marcum had me fixed in two days. I had a LX-3tc with a bad ducer, Marcum fixed it in three days. I had a 560 camera that was borrowed out and came back fried from somebody trying to charge it with jumper cables while using it. Marcum never asked they just fixed my trashed stuff it and sent it back. We basically have a fleet of Marcum units that are rented or borrowed out to clients and bad things happen to them…really bad things and Marcum has always stood behind the product even as 95% of what happens up here is operator error, how can ya complain about that?

We did have another brand up here before the Marcum line came to be and when they broke we just threw them in the trash as getting them fixed was impossible or took so ling we couldn’t afford to be without the unit for weeks.

I have to say you would be hard presses to find another fishing equipment company with customer service that rivals Marcum or Otter.

I had an issue with my LX5 pop up the day before the Brainerd Fishing Extravaganza. I thought something happened to my transducer, so I brought it into Marcum in Brainerd. I waited about 10-15 minutes and got handed my flasher back with a new head unit and battery, all for the grand total of $0.00. This unit was well out of warranty, and I had never sent in the registration card. I was fully prepared to pay for whatever the fix was, so to say I am happy with their service is a total understatement.

hi all, after some research 'called marcum'. talked to someone in charge he said that yes they were goofed up for a short while. said i had a valid point wondering about servicability. said any flasher they have made is 100% servicable. very respectfull said there there to stay. i found out that when i wanted to send my marcum in they were in the middle of a buy out had i waited a short while it would have been fixed. inconvenenced yes end of the world no they appoligized said there in for the long haul. after all this, i'm going to buy a vx1 proudly. he said as he was speaking they were making my new flasher. american made, comes with a soft pack, bottom zoom. after reading these happy replies of GREAT service. what more could i want end of story.

Well you guys have more pull than I do, at two different times I've ordered a replacement wall charger and a DCS and both took well over a week to get. I wouldn't call that stellar service, had anything been availably locally (StCloud) I wouldn't have had to order direct. My fishing buddies 2nd Lx5 acted up and took almost a month to get back, since they were going back and forth over if the warranty was expired or not. Take it for what it's worth.

Just dropped my LX3tc off yesterday (I accidentally dropped a spud bar on the dead center of the graph which caused it to pop loose...freak accident, couldn't replicate it if I tried, lol)and was told it would be ready in a day or two. Was told they were going to put a whole new face on the unit and would call when it's ready.

The repair rate is fair, not cheap, but fair.