• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else going to Roger Waters' The Wall next week?

Far-I

I can't wait! From the reviews I've read it is going to be one heII of a show! He is supposed to be anything but washed up and this show is not just a nostaglic remake, but is actually brought more to life because of advances in technology since the late seventies. Can't wait, I purposely have not been wathcing u toob videos of the concerts because I dont want to spoil it.

The Wall was on tv last week a few times. I did not watch it, nor have I looked at youtube like you said... I don't wanna spoil it!

I have a buddy in Chi town who made that show, sounds amazing.

It didn't sink in until last night that this was coming next week already... really stoked for this one.

Check out the Strib today. David Gilmour was spotted with Roger Waters in Mpls last night.

Evidently Gilmour was quoted as saying he'd show up for one surprise guest appearance. Due to a joke in Rolling Stone about it being in Omaha (where Roger is tonight), maybe, just maybe a Pink Floyd reunion tomorrow night at Xcel?

At any rate, pumped for the show.

Posted by Chris Riemenschneider

Last update: October 26, 2010 - 2:49 PM

As is well known among Pink Floyd fans, David Gilmour has committed to showing up as a surprise guest at one (and only one) of the shows on Roger Waters' "The Wall" tour. This month's Rolling Stone cover story on Waters referenced that promise, and then the writer added a snarky line about London being the most likely spot "as opposed to, say, Omaha." Any smart Floyd fan could've guessed right there and then that the once-feuding bandmates were probably going to meet up in Nebraska, and now that hunch seems to be true.

Waters and Gilmour were spotted dining together at Bar La Grassa in Minneapolis on Monday night. A restaurant staffer confirmed that Waters was there with an entourage but didn't know for sure if Gilmour was among them. Local scenester, writer and music nut Chuck Terhark, however, happened to be dining there for his birthday on Monday and says he is absolutely certain Gilmour was with them. "Waters was wearing a marching hammers hoodie, which was hilarious," Terhark said (marching hammers being part of "The Wall's" animation).

Here's the confusing part, though: Monday was an off night for the tour. Waters is set to perform in Omaha tonight, and then he has his Xcel Energy Center gig in St. Paul on Wednesday night. It's very feasible that he is spending all three nights (Monday through Wednesday) in the Twin Cities as a base and only flying straight in and out of Omaha. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Omaha's hospitality, but I doubt anybody in Omaha will be complaining if Gilmour does indeed appear at the show tonight.

If he's not there tonight: My money is then on St. Paul. Maybe this terrible weather we're having will convince Gilmour to stay put in the Twin Cities and not travel to Omaha. Bring on the snow and freeze!

That Rage show was pretty sweet... had a near miss with tear gass and a mass arrest, good thing i didn't follow the crowd when I was walking home (lived downtown).

I wish I was going to Denver to see this show again. Man that was amazing... even if I was in the only section in the venue that apparently was "seating only?" Holy cow. People can say some really nasty things if they've been drinking too much. Funny, the ones using the illegal stuff were not making any fuss, they just stood up.

Anyway. I had goosebumps on 5 different occasions at the show. One was simply because I realized I what I was seeing.

I too went to the Roger Waters at the x. I do have one question that I didnt understand. What was the meaning of the flying pig? Can someone please in lighten me on that part.

*shakes head* and you call yourself a floyd fan???? just teasin' ya, bud.

animals, man. pigs on the wing?

If you didn't care what happened to me,

And I didn't care for you

We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain

Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the buggers to blame

And watching for pigs on the wing.

You know that I care what happens to you

And I know that you care for me too

So I don't feel alone

Of the weight of the stone

Now that I've found somewhere safe

To bury my bone

And any fool knows a dog needs a home

A shelter from pigs on the wing

pink-floyd-animals-719499.jpg

the pig is a sort of metaphor for greed, profit and corruption in business and governemnt. for the wall maybe that they care more about money than peoples lives?? touchy subject for some people. i think its a good message.

Here's to hoping for an ANIMALS tour... hey i can hope.

Man I would kill for that, Animals is the best PF album.

The whole album is based loosely on Orwell's book, Animal Farm, where the different animals are symbolic for classes of people.

If Aussie PF comes back to town, I highly recommend checking it out. I saw them twice and they were fantastic... A bit cheaper than RW too. They played dogs and sheep last time they were in town.