• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plans for riding?

Rippinlip

DO you have any plans for camping and ATV'ing this year, if you do, where?

We are planning on a couple, including:

Moose Lake Area, MN

Gilbert, MN

Iron River/Bayfield co, WI

Jackson/Clarke co, WI

Like to try to make it over to Appleton Rec Park.

Any other recommendations?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow......sounds like you have a fun summer planned!! I plan on getting to appleton quite a few times this year, if it ever opens!! Otherwise I just hit the gravel roads, field roads, and ditches in the area! Just jump on and ride! Ride anywhere from glennwood area south to willmar area and everywhere in between!

I like the Idea about the HSO Run if anything we should try and set somthing up for next year so everyone can plan the trip and we can book a block of rooms somewhere or find a Campground near a Senic Trail and head out for the day come back and camp out and Have some bonfires and what not. I wonder what kinda deal we could swing if it was a HSO sponserd event? I think the only problem is getting HSO Atv out there and the run the more people that hear about it will sign up and then for the next 6 months we can take Ideas and put all of em into a Concrete plan and have a general idea of how many riders we would have and what we need to set up? so does anyone else think this is a good idea or should i start a new thread and see how many people hit and would be interested? And if it sounds like more than just me and gr8icefishinmind want to do it we can adjust fire from there?

We are going to Jackson/Clark counties in Wisonsin May 14th weekend. Going to ride the Soo line south trail over July 4th weekend and riding in Washburn county in Wisonsin Aug 16-18. There will be many other trips, these just happen to be on the calendar already

My group of guys usually hit Jackson up yearly during the snow months. This summer, actually the 1st week of June I'm heading up to Forest County and sounds like it's going to rock. The trails are very lengthy, scenary is awesome (lot of waterfalls) and will be able to jump across into the UP. It's looking like a 500+ mile trip in a few days. Should be awesome.

Originally Posted By: Rippinlip
I would be interested in a FM ride.

Mark

I game for FM ride also! cool

That would definetly be a good time!!!

Took my kids out in the new yard trailer grandpa got for them behind the wheeler, I went to pine center last weekend and my kids looked at my wheeler and said "man dad your 4 wheeler is dirty!!!"....guess I should wash her up!!

Not sure who the group was but I was up in Brainard this weekend and seen 3 trucks and trailer all in a row loaded with about 15 wheels all muddy as heck! They must have had a good time. The last trailer had a good size plywood sign with a pic of a girl and said something about show us your (body parts) on the back of it! Those dirty guys! laugh

Lets maybe have a trial run this year.

We could toss out some dates and riding areas and see what happens.

How about late July or early August?

Somewhere around the Mille Lacs to Duluth area..I know thats a big area, but lots of choices up in that neck of the woods. We could choose from the Soo Line to the Gandy Dancer to ?.

Mark

Lets maybe have a trial run this year.

We could toss out some dates and riding areas and see what happens.

How about late July or early August?

Somewhere around the Mille Lacs to Duluth area..I know thats a big area, but lots of choices up in that neck of the woods. We could choose from the Soo Line to the Gandy Dancer to ?.

Mark

Never been on the Soo Line trail, isn't it kind of long and straight? Wouldn't that be a little boring?

You guys might want to consider the Nemadji State Forest or St. Croix state forest. The Gandy Dancer connects the two but it is pretty long and straight. I like Nemadji a lot. I have camped and ridden there many times and always have a great time.

I was just tossing out some ideas before.

Here are some more questions:

Are you interested in a 1 day, 2 day, 1/2 day ride?

Camping involved?

Do we want a short ride and a play area?

Do we want somewhere to hit a place to eat when on the trail?

Scenic & slow or just logging miles?

Plenty to consider.

Nemadji has some nice trails. Be careful heading up the Gandy. Once it starts to turn to the east you can be in Wisconsin without knowing it. Without their trail pass, you could be looking at an expensive weekend. wink

The Soo Line will take you out to Red Top which is a good network for a novice rider. There also a 1 way more technical trail out there too that used to be known as the Ten Bruin. Not sure what they call it now.

The Paul Bunyan SF is another very good ride. It has all kinds of different types of trails from small to logging roads where you can let her rip a bit. I was just up in Ackley (sp) yesterday for a funeral of the lady we had stayed with for Deer hunting since I was 14years old. There were about 8 guys with muddy wheeler at the gas station and I would have given anything to trade spots with them on that sad day! frown

We are headed up to the Paul Bunyan trails next weekend for 4 days. Staying at a campground right outside of Ackley. Then we are head to the black hills for a week in July.

4wheel, how was your weekend up there? Were the trails ok or rutted up?

Man the Black Hills trip sounds like a great time! cool

We are leaving on Friday. I will let you know when we get back. I've heard they are pretty good, but really dusty.

We wear dust masks under our helmets for the dust! Have fun! wink