• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 NBA Draft

Scott K

I have a question, why is the NBA lottery held behind closed doors? It just seems that the bigger market teams are the ones who gets first pick, and it just seems odd that they would have such a significant piece of the draft hidden to the public.

That and, who do you think the Wolves should take with their 1st pick of the 1st round? I would hope not another point gaurd!

I'll take the point guard if its Wall or Turner.. As it looks right now.. the wolves have a pretty good shot at Pick #2.. if they do not take Turner, they lost me for a fan forever.. Turner will probably be a #2 guard for the wolves though. Cousins would not be a bad fit for the wolves either. Favors would also fit well.

Yes, assuming we get the #1 or 2 pick in the draft I'd be perfectly happy with either Wall or Turner. Turner reminds me a lot of Brandon Roy - who of course should be a T-wolf right now.

Wall is a PG, which we don't really need. But he looks like he'll be a superstar - which we desperately need to both get back to respectability and get some interest back in the franchise.

I'll still be surprised if we don't wind up falling out of the #1 or #2 spot. Our luck in the lottery is brutal.

The lottery picking is done behind closed doors cause the NBA is a devious league that wants to have certain markets get bigger and make more money.....unfortunatly the Minnesota market is not one of them....

but if we land either the 1st or 2nd pick getting Wall or Turner would be huge!! I would have no problem with them taking another pg of the caliber of Wall. then we would have Flynn and Sessions as a back-ups and Rubio would become a great dealing chip in a trade!! If we end up with Turner we get the shooting guard that we have been looking for for the last 21 years (well we did have Spree for a year)..........if we land out of the top 2 we are screwed cause there isn't a major player that is going to make the kind of impact that Wall or Turner will provide to this franchise.....

anyone know when they pick those ping-pong balls? should be soon....

The wolves luck they will get the third pick. Always on the outside looking in. If the talent was 5 deep wolves would draft 6th. NBA should stop the lottery and draft order go by worst record. Maybe then, some of the teams consistently bad have a chance to be good instead of those good teams keep getting richer. This might cause some teams to trade some good talent to move up.

I was just at a site that said the draft is 41 days x hours x mins. The selection of what team goes where in the order must be the 18th.

But yeah if the pups don't get 1 or 2 - something is rigged.

I just wish they would have the selection in open viewing to all, not selected behind closed doors.

The only reason for that is so the NBA can choose what team(s) they want to "win" the lottery. There is no way it is a legitimate "lottery".

From what PA and the crew were saying this morning, the top two are studs (Wall & Turner), the next two are pretty good, and then it drops significantly from there. We could get that #5 pick if we don't get out of our draft funk!!

ESPN insider hinted that the wolves may be trying to move up to the #2 pick to get Turner.. here is a quote from the article

Quote:
Minny might move up

Look for the Minnesota Timberwolves to make a strong play to trade up to No. 2. The Wolves are very, very high on Evan Turner. They feel his combination of versatility, scoring ability and court presence is the perfect fit for their young club.

The Philadelphia 76ers, on the other hand, aren't a perfect fit for Turner. Andre Iguodala and Jrue Holiday are versatile guards who can defend multiple positions and handle the ball. And, like Turner, neither is a lights-out shooter.

With Minnesota pining hard for Turner, don't be surprised to see the Wolves offer up the No. 4 and either the No. 16 or the No. 23 pick to Philly to move up two spots.That would allow the Wolves to get the guy they've coveted all along in the draft and give the Sixers an extra pick and a shot at another guy they're high on: Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins or Syracuse's Wesley Johnson.

I would be ok with them trading away 3 firsts to get in to the #2 spot, but I dont think it would be needed. Although we really dont need any more mid/average rookies on our team, we have some huge potential now, they just need to grow up a bit, and get some good coaching.

In order for Rambis's triangle offense to work you need a lights out shooting guard, which Turner is not. He needs a lot of work on his mid range jumper. I really don't know who fits the mold in the current draft. Maybe we keep our picks and put together some veterans of value to get another first round pick. It seems that this current team does not have the chemistry or knowledge to run that offense.

I thought that all of last year as I painfully watched the Wolves try to run that scheme. I'm glad someone else sees that as well. Thats what happens when you don't evaluate talent properly and try to force a system down a teams throat. Look at your talent and see what works first.

that is why I wonder why they chose Kurt Rambis and his desire to only run the triangle offense for some reason.......maybe year 2 of the expierment will go better but I highly doubt it!! I really think they have a better team then they are showing trying to run a confusing offense.....I mean some of the quotes from the coaches and players this past season were talking about how they ran the offense better tonight or they are showing progress in the system.....I want them to know a system (not a confusing system that only works with all-century players) and run it well and use the players abilities that are on the court with how that system is going to be ran!!

I agree 100% Ozzie. Rambis just needs to accept the fact that we don't have Kobe and Gasol. I remember a couple times this past season when K.Love was opening criticizing the system and his playing time. He doesn't seem like a complainer, but didn't really understand where he fits in. Can't say that I blame him.

I hate to say it, but OJ Mayo would have been a much better fit for this system. Typical Wolves strategy...pick a player who would perform well in the triange, trade him for a player you have to bring off the bench because of defensive problems, hire a coach that uses the triangle.

If Rambis doesn't scrap the triangle offense he is not going to have a job in Minnesota for long and he will not be able to get another head coaching job for awhile as it will show that he is to stubborn to adjust to the level of players he has on the team to maximize their talents!!