• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do with old bow?

Toba

Trading is always an option depends a lot on the brand, acc, ect.. on the bow. A lot of times when trading things in like this the price they are willing to pay is insulting. Might not be a bad idea to keep for future kids or friends or what ever if money is not a issue for a new one.

I would either post it on hsolist and try to get a couple bucks for it (one man's trash...) or do what people are saying and buy some simple equipment and get into bowfishing. It's a blast!

Do you know of anyone interested in the sport? Let the have it. I was given a Hoyt Vtec from a friend that got a new alphamax. I had never bow hunted in my life and tried it for the first time, of course I was hooked. I bought a used alphamax and gave him the vtec back. It is a great way to get a friend into the sport.

Get someone that has never shot a bow before and see if they are interested.

My wife and I recently upgraded and she handed her bow over to one of our daughters, and I sold mine to her boyfriend ;), for a nominal cost.. wink.

They shot a few times with us on Sunday and just the smile on thier faces was unreal..

Definately got 2 more bow shooters on our hands.

Rippin, you sold it to your wife's boyfriend? Just messing with you. Anyway, I'm with you and a few others on here. Give it away to someone who might be interested in the sport. I wish I had someone that handed me down a bow when I first got into it. Would've saved me the hassle of buying a couple of cheap bows that really weren't too good. With the low trade in prices, why not give it away? Good Karma.

I was cleaning out the garage and came across an old reciept for my Pearson Renagade all set up;1/2 doz Easton Gamegeter arrows, PSE sight-built well for the time, a 2 prong rest and a Fletcher Concho release grin

Guess the total price grin

it was dated 1987

Some of you guy's who bought complete setups recently may cry

Later

Steve

My Thunderbolt will hang on the bow rack and everytime i look at it i will remember the awsome memories we had. I may set it up for fishing some day or hand it off to one of my son,s or daughter if they ever want to pick up bowhunting. Selling it or trading it in would be like loosing a favorite pet. Lol

Great hunting,and be safe. CC HURL

I just got my FIRST bow back . Litterally. My very first bow, a Hoyt Spectra 5000 that I bought second hand when I was 15 years old from a guy who grew up across the street from me. Over the last 16+ years I used that bow for several years, shot thousands of arrows at dozens of 3d shoots, killed a few deer, sold it to my younger brother, who shot it for several more years, then handed it off to his roommate, who learned to shoot bow and get into bow hunting with it.

Well, it sat unattended for the last 3 years in his garage and now it sits stripped down to the riser awaiting its transformation. I stripped it down to fit it with recurve limbs. According to the date and inspections written on the inside of the limbs it was assembled in July of 1987.

23 years, in my family or connected to it for 16 of them. A couple hundred bucks worth of limbs and a little effort this old junker second, third, forth hand round wheeled Hoyt compound will live on, albeit as a recurve, "frankenbow", but it will be on my bow rack once again. grin