• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Olympic Hockey

OnAFly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man what a waste... i came home from work early to watch the game. Walked in the door 10 minutes into the game and they're up 4-0.

Kinda boring to watch it knowing the outcome isn't in doubt.

Oh well, bring on Canada! I hope we get the chance to avenge the women's loss last night

Tim Thomas is the goalie for USA right now. They took out Miller with about 9 remaining.

I missed that part, a good idea to get him out and give out backup a little action. With the game in hand I was a little more productive at work this afternoon and only checked in the action every so often.

Anyone else get a little extra smile watching the USA light up Kiprusoff yesterday?? After him making such a statement about him only playing for Finland if he was the clear cut #1 Goaltender and played every game, I had a hard time pulling for the Fins even though some of Wild boys were involved.

My grin was a little wider watching Miikka struggle like he did yesterday smile

I have lost all respect for Kirprusoff, most players are begging to represent their countries and he is gonna be a whimp about it. Where Milburry to call him Euro-trash or something.

Man Demietra with 2 huge chances in the final few minutes. He had a decent amount of net in the final seconds when he hit the pipe. Geeze, he needs to score that one. Cant really fault the guy, but man that sucks for him. Its kind of crazy with all these players not playing well in the olympics, Demietra of all players has stepped it up.

By the way where was Gaborik at the end of the game? I dont think i saw him out there at all the last few minutes.

Where's all the talk of the game??? This is a MN Sports forum with at least 4 of the players on Team USa from MN. I like Can 4-2,,,(empty net) but if the USA beats them,,, wheres the love??? Come on,, it's got to be the biggest defeat in CAN history. MN a Hockey State, lets see some talk. I have the sense that nobody on this forum thinks the US has a chance,, and if it happens, then it will be FULL of people. Miller Time in net is HUGE. Come on, (being from MN and watching the 1980 game tape delayed) let's get excited!!!!! Beating the Canucks would be so so so SWEET!!

Anyone else get a little extra smile watching the USA light up Kiprusoff yesterday?? After him making such a statement about him only playing for Finland if he was the clear cut #1 Goaltender and played every game, I had a hard time pulling for the Fins even though some of Wild boys were involved.

My grin was a little wider watching Miikka struggle like he did yesterday smile

Backstrom should have been between the pipes for Finland throughout the games. Oh well. To our benefit.

Go Team USA! Tomorrow is a great day.

Alright Mudcutter you X-MNer, I am going for a big USA victory!!!. Ah, lets see here. Is Canada going to score, hmmmm. Ill give them 2 goals. I guess we just have to score more than that to win. So here it is. USA 4 - Canada 2. Can you believe that. Never would have said that on day one. But, I havent seen Canada come together yet. They still are just have a bunch of super stars and wine ers that dont play as a team. they dont have grinders. And I think we can speed around their defense.

Candada 42 shots, USA 26 shots.

I think the key is going to be USA shooting from the point as well. I dont know how the game is going to be called, but I would highly doubt any refs want to make that crowd mad.

By the way, I would put Brodeur in ..

I'm with you [pleasebecomeasponsor] - on paper the US gets beat every time but I haven't seen anything spectacular out of Canada all tourney. The US team is flying out there, making things happen, and playing as a team. I think it will be another 5-3 game for the good guys.

Brodeur should play, I don't think Luongo can keep the US from the 3rd and 4th chances where we are going to get some goals.