• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pics of new rig...

Scoot

DD asked for it, so here are some pics of the new rig. It's a '10 Hoyt Maxxis. So far, so good-- I'm liking the look, feel, and performance of it.

Accessories are an HHA 3 pin sliding sight, Vital Bowgear Kaz-a-way rest, can't remember the stabilizer, and I don't have a quiver for it yet.

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

I usually name my bows (Hi, my name is Scoot and I'm a nerd), but a name hasn't come to me for this one yet. The obvious name would be Max, but I'm not sure that's the right name for this rig. If you look at it and can tell what it's name should be, be sure to let me know. wink

what are they claiming for speeds out of that?

It IBOs at almost 320. With the heavy arrows I fling, I'd guess I'll be shooting somewhere just short of 300, but I haven't put it to a chrony yet. I'll probably do that sometime in the next few weeks or so.

DonBo- regarding it not being a Mathews, I'm glad you noticed... that's one of my favorite things about it!!! winkgrin

is that a new HHA on there or older, i havent seen one like that with the 3 pins.

It's about five years old (I think). They actually quit making the multi-pin sliding sight. I'm pretty sure they only have single pin sliders now.

Hmmm... I was thinking this was a male, but the more you guys talk the more I agree- I'm going to go with a female name. "Sweet Thing" is nice, but doesn't quite fit for me. I'm thinking... but nothing his happening! I'll keep thinking... In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming please.

I'd be leary of calling it a girl's name, especially if you talk in your sleep. Your wife would get upset! wink LOL! Great bow!!! I'm hoping to get my hands on a Carbon Matrix demo bow, but I can't have it till October......... eek

Brian

Harvey. If I recall right, you got new mathews not to long ago. Have you shot the Z7 yet? I really liked my switchback xt, drenalin, and s2. Wasn't a big fan of my reezen. I got the z7 a few weeks ago and I'm blown away. I have never been this accurate before. It's simply unbelievable how well I'm shooting this bow. Not that you should be looking for a new bow, but, I think everyone that is a mathews guy really needs to give it a try.