• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I still love to play my NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)

mr_jman

Anyone else still have the first Nintendo hooked up? I can't get enough of it: the simple buttons, but the games that are impossible to beat! I grew up with this system and still catch myself playing it if I'm not fishing!

I can't be the only one still playing Mario Bros, Tecmo Bowl, Blades of Steel, Paperboy, Contra, TMNT, DUCK HUNT!, Bubble Bobble, Excitebike, RBI Baseball, Tetris, Etc.

Anyone else still hooked? What games do you play or games that you were hooked on growing up? Just trying to relive some of those late 80's and early 90's memories! Maybe find a new game to try as well!

I play once in awhile either at a friends house or at a local bar that has a few set up.

I played Super Mario the original a few months back and I suprised myself and how well I remember all the tricks. Well I should say my fingers remember it all because I would just instinctively hit the right button at the right time. I made it all the way to level 8-1 before dieing for the first time. I didn't beat the game this last time out but came close which is pretty dang good for not playing in 15 years.

Tecmo bowl is also an awesome game.

I loved Duck Hunter back in the day but after learning the trick of firing the gun at a white wall while playing the game to give you a perfect score the thrill sort of died out.

We use to play the heck out of Bubble Bobble and TMNT. From what I remember TMNT was a TOUGH game. The old NES is still a ton of fun.

Anybody ever beat Metal Gear? We played that a ton and I am not sure we ever did. Might have once. That game got tougher.

SNES is still may favorite platform. Simple controls but a bit of an upgrade over NES.

I have a NES that a guy from work basically forced on me. My 8 yr old plays it all the time. The best thing about it is now the kid doesnt ask for a Wii anymore. We have Mario, Black Bass, some submarine game, an Olympic game, and some D+D type game I havent even looked at. My 4 yr old plays Duck Hunt and gets a perfect oval score every time. She misses because she wants to see the puppy laugh, she told us.

Yeah Tecmo Superbowl has 4 more total plays to choose from so I like that one a little better! But having a Tecmo Bowl tournament sounds awesome! My brother and me get into some heated battles of RBI Baseball or Dusty Diamonds All Star Softball! Nothing like having the '87 Twins Team available on RBI!

I also have an SNES and all I have to say is NBA JAM TE! I guess Mario Kart, and Yoshi's Island deserve some mentioning as well!

On rainy days at my cabin we sit around and drink and gamble on nintendo games. We always gamble on nintendo ice hockey. You know the one where you can be the skinny the medium or the fat guy! Then I also have a n64 and there are some pretty intense games of mario kart or james bond over a 3 or 4 dollar pot.

Playing Metroid, defeating the Mother Brain, only to find out Samus Aran was a woman the whole time??? AWESOME!!!

I've alway wanted to make my own "PlayChoice" Machine. Create your own arcade game frame, insert an old TV, a couple of old Advantage joystick controllers, and a stack of games that you can swap out from the front. I may still do that someday.

Tecmo Bowl, Tyson's P.O., Track & Field with the mat, those were some good ones. My parents still have it at home and I play it every once in awhile when I return.

Remember how you had to "blow" out the games so they would read? Then sometimes jiggle the game in the console too? Very sophisticated system.

Yeah I have most of these games. Ice Hockey is still one of my favorites of all time. I do have RC Pro Am and Contra. Don't have Double Dragon but seems like almost everyone has some of the same classic favorites as I did growing up. I bought one of those new pin connectors so all my games play like new. Pretty good $7 investment I think!

McGurk - I think they made one called MAEM (Multi Arcade Emulator or something like that) It was basically an arcade style maching but had almost every game loaded onto it and you could just select your favorites from a very long list! Had all the arcade games like Centipede and Space Invaders, but also most NES ones as well!

I still have a Nintendo from my young days. I remember Dad bringing home the Nintendo and playing Super Mario Bros. with him until the wee hours of the morning.

Anyone remember the Konami code? +2 geek points for the first to get it! wink