• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Uses for Duct Tape

mrfish1991

This could be fun, post your unusual/creative/useful ways of using one of the greatest inventions ever. Pictures are always a plus.

Here are a few of my favorites

~Cup holder, tip roll on its side and place beverage of choice in the middle. Works great for the accidental bumps that could tip a can or bottle over.

~Lanyards, take 3 long pieces of duct tape and fold them in thirds the "hot dog way" and braid together for a unique lanyard.

~Book mark, fold in half and use as book mark.

~Make shift driveway ski's, take tape and cover bottom of shoes, run and slide down driveway...just watch for cars

When in college one of the cuffs on my dress pants tore loose and of course as most 19 year old men I didn't have a sewing kits let alone know how to use it so out came the duct tape, and I taped the seam back together again. In fact that tape held that seem together for the next 3 years of college, never did need to go back and sew it up.

Fiberglass hull repair: My Dad and I went to Canada fishing sith a group of guys when I was around 12 and drug our old fiberglass boat up as that is what we had. Camped on an island of rock (as they all seem to be) and had a good time. Storm came up the 2nd to last day of the trip and rocked the boat enough to wear a pretty good hole in the side and swamp it. The next day we got into the frigid water in our skivvies and drug it up to shore, and then rolled it up on shore using some rolling small logs to empty it out. Popped the plugs, got the water out of the motor, and dried it out the best we could. Cleaned up the side the hole was on and started layering on the duct tape, and got the motor running. Kept the boat out of the water until the very last minute (no way to test our patch, of course) and made the long haul back to the landing. No Problem on the way back, but it was one of the scariest boat rides I've ever been on.

One time I had this leak in the seams on my air ducts in my house. I put it on and it sealed the leaks in a duct. Who would have thought, huh?

In actuality, I have used it as a wart remover. It did actually work, sort of, but took weeks.

DD