• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pdf to jpeg

Print Screen works if the whole document is on the screen, if you can't get the whole docuemt on the screen and be legible then your option to scan and save as a jpg ( as B Amish said ) is better if you have a scanner.

If you can do a print screen, after hitting the print screen key open Paint, click EDIT, then PASTE.

Mike

You could set the viewable size of your PDF so that the whole thing fits on the screen. Then hit ALT+Print Screen, that captures only the active screen and non of the backgroud and then paste it in paint.

You also may be able to find a file converter out there.

If you have Vista, bring up PDF like Upnorth said and go into the Start menu (lower left corner wink ), type in the search bar "snipping tool" and use this. This program save about 3-4 steps verses using print screen.

You'll need to get a file converter. The one I suggest is ZamZar, I've used it in the past and it works great.

Convert a PDF file to JPG – Easy Way

Use ZamZar, browse for your file and choose PNG format for the format to convert to under Step 2. PNG is another newer picture format that is slowly replacing the JPG format. Most programs that can open JPG files can open PNG. Zamzar automatically converts each page in the PDF document into it’s own PNG picture file. Now you can simply open Microsoft Paint (yes, all you need is Paint!) and choose File – Save As from the menu and choose JPEG from the drop down list of formats.

The entire process should take you less then 2 minutes.

Most photo editing softwares will allow you to import a pdf and save it to any format you want.

That's what I was thinking. Not all will do it, but at least some will give you a "Save As" function when you have the image open, where you can choose the format you want it saved as.

Do you need all 100 pages turned into jpegs or just select pages?

Turning a 100 page PDF into jpeg will leave you with 100 individual jpeg files I believe, a little cumbersome for sure.

What exactly are you trying to do with the document that you can't do right now? Maybe there is another way to go about it.

A couple options come to mind.

If you have an all in one printer with the scanner option, you could print out the PDF files, scan them and save them as a .jpg.

The option is down loading the free trail at of some pay software and us it for this time. I am sure there are limits on the free trial, but might help now. I would suggest searching for "DeskPDF and DeskUNPDF PDF Converter Bundle". Not cheap, but good and has a free trial.

Snipping tool gets a thumbs up! Thanks Shack!

Ya, I find my self using it all the time. If you set a shortcut in your start/tool bar or on your desk top, that saves even have to search for it grin

Hamre, likely you've got a friend or acquaintance who has either Adobe Acrobat or one of the last several versions of Photoshop. Either will pull up a pdf and allow you to save it as a jpeg or a gif. It certainly would be easiest just to e-mail it to the friend, but at 100 pages it might be too large, and you might have to get it to them on CD or flash drive so they can do the simple conversion. As stated, gif would be better if it's a printed text document.

Hamre, likely you've got a friend or acquaintance who has either Adobe Acrobat or one of the last several versions of Photoshop. Either will pull up a pdf and allow you to save it as a jpeg or a gif. It certainly would be easiest just to e-mail it to the friend, but at 100 pages it might be too large, and you might have to get it to them on CD or flash drive so they can do the simple conversion. As stated, gif would be better if it's a printed text document.

Goid tip(s) Steve.

I know basic versions of Adobe Acrobat will not let you modife a PDF, but should let you change file type. To go in and make changes to a PDF using Adobe, you have to up grade to 8.0 or 9.0 Just went threw this a couple weeks back with some prints at work.

I am almost certain their is something even in windows Vista that will do this.

I know I have done this in the past. Laptop is down right now, but will dig into this with a PDF file.

There is a free version of a software called irfanview. Download and install the latest version along with the add on tools and it will process about any type of graphic file along with some nice conversion/rename batch tools.

jstirewalt

There is a free version of a software called irfanview. Download and install the latest version along with the add on tools and it will process about any type of graphic file along with some nice conversion/rename batch tools.

jstirewalt

Unfortunately Irfanview doesn't convert PDF, virtually everything else! I use it multiple times a day for other conversions though.