• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High school football

BK19

One thing is for sure, 5A teams overall are better teams but doesn't mean they have the best individual talent. Schools are divided into classes based on enrollment numbers not talent. Although they have some good teams, there are a few teams that I think could give a few 5A teams a run for there money. It would be cool if they could set up some non-conference games to see what would happen. Although it would never happen, look at Eric Decker, came from Cold Spring, I don't believe they made it to state but got close. He's the best player the Gophers had and will play in the pros.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'll be there somewhere in/on/above the press box friday night running the camera, if you run across me say hi. im not going to guess at a score, but I too will favor my team, I think its anyones game. Even if both teams come out showing their best its still not a shoe-in for either.

What year did you graduate? i might have played against you back in the day.

I graduated in '07.......We may have lost in the State Finals, but we beat you guys in Week 3! Ha!

I may also end up in the box on Friday, I'll have to see what shakes down. Otherwise I think I'm heading acrossed the state to Blooming Prarie to scout that game.

Goodhue will take down blooming.

Agreed completly, having played Goodhue in '06 and having seen Blooming a few times, it might not even be much of a game. Goodhue is built to be a playoff team, not this razzel dazzel [PoorWordUsage] that Blooming uses to put up big numbers until they play a good team in the playoffs like every year....

And Blooming is beating up on some very sub par teams.

Any chance you'll be at the Quarterfinals of state james_walleye? Section 1A (Goodhue vs Blooming) plays 2A (Springfeild/NUC) at Rochester, if NUC wins I'll be down there next Friday night!

Theres a good chance, i always take in as much HS playoff ball as i can. The complex is minutes from my house. I was just checking out the MSHSL HSOforum. I see if Grand Meadow wins they will play the winner of Nicollet/St. Clair. Nice draw for section 1. The only common opponent with Nicollet was Alden which GM just rolled. They were up 49-12 when they pulled their starters. Nicollet beat them by 8. I like GM's shot at getting to state. Who is the #1 seed in your matchup?

Cathedral is the #1 in Section 2 as well as #1 in the polls (not that they mean anything) they beat Springfeild in week 1 19-13 (or something like that) Since then Springfeild has won 9 straight game and is on a roll. I'm ready for one heck of a good game on Friday night.

I don't follow alot of 9 man but I know Nicollet has been playing some good ball, but not sure how good the teams they've been playing are

i hate to argue, but i would say that any 5a conference is better than a 3a conference. maybe a very good 3a team may be better than a weaker 5a team, but there is no way a 3a conference is made up of better teams than a 5a. anyways we lost to blaine, never thought losing a football game could hurt so much..my career is over. personally i dont mind blaine and centennial soo much and think either of them will make it deep. we beat the 5-0, 3rd in state, cocky, preppy, stuck up andover turds 19-7 in week 6, all that matters. GREATEST GAME EVER

Well I got to watch a great game tonight, NUC came out on top 27-14 over Springfeild. Tons of great plays made by each team, really a shame it had to be a section final game as I think we saw two of the top teams in the state play tonight.

james_walleye, Blooming came out on top, making us both look stupid.....did you happen to see the game?

yaeh the spfld - cathedral game was good. great plays by both teams, we threw a pic in the second half that cathedral scored to tie the game, and we just kinda went away after that. Great game good luck to the greyhounds, bring a title back to southern MN.

rivverat were you in the press box? i dont think i saw you

whew, GSL blow out again! Sorry to say, but noone gonna touch them!

My co-workers son plays for Kasson-Mantorville and they won Section 1. The first thing i asked him this morning was "where is Glencoe in the brackets"? They are on opposite sides. I'd like to see Kasson get to play GSL.

what aree some of your guys prep bowl predictions? i graduated in gsl in 04 so im hoping they can go all the way for the 4th time in a row but delasalle is definaty going to be one of the toughest games so far this season.