• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High school football

BK19

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the MRC will miss Holy Family too.

Other than this year, LSH hasn't had too many troubles with HF. They've played us well and have been one of our toughest opponents.

What's your take on the next 2 years for LSH? Only curious, that's all.

well my son was in a meeting tonight with the coach and all of next years 11 and 12th graders and starting monday they will be lifting and they had to fill out goals and are being highly recommended to lift in the off season STRONGLY recommended it was said that in all the games they lost those teams were stronger and quicker and if you want to win you must be that next year so it is promising and I feel alot better that the coaches said they are willing to help the kids all year

well my son was in a meeting tonight with the coach and all of next years 11 and 12th graders and starting monday they will be lifting and they had to fill out goals and are being highly recommended to lift in the off season STRONGLY recommended it was said that in all the games they lost those teams were stronger and quicker and if you want to win you must be that next year so it is promising and I feel alot better that the coaches said they are willing to help the kids all year

I was told the same thing. Good to hear they are seeing where part of the problem is. You can bet your bottom dollar that every other team in the conference will be doing some weight training.

Now looking back at what Barony said earlier about HF and Watertown-Mayer. I don't know anything about WTM, but I'm a little concerned this might make the conference weaker.

oh all you guys and your silly 2a,3a and 4a teams wink. anyways, we (i play for anoka) took care of forest lake last tues and play blaine tomorrow! tough game but we feel prepared. by the way the northwest suburban conference is without a doubt the toughest conference in state. Andover, Blaine, Centennial and Champlin Park have all been top 10 ranked this year. And we have held our ground at 6-3 including our playoff game. not sure but ive heard we are ranked 15th or somethin

Lep, what would that hurt? It might make for a little more parody in the conference instead of HF dominating.

The MRV conference is made up of small town rural schools. HF draws players from all over the SW metro area. They could even end up taking potential players from BP or LSH since there are not many catholic high schools in the area.

HF hasn't even been around for very many years(9 maybe?)and they have already been a conference, and section powerhouse. They will only get better in my opinion, especially once the economy comes back around and more people can afford to send their kids to private school.

I for one would like to see them leave the conference. I would rather play a school that has a community behind it like most of the other schools in the conference. HF came in to BP with an undefeated record, was a heavy favorite to win, and had channel 4 taping the game for TV and their fans didn't even fill up the small visitors section that BP has. You know that if that had been LSH or Jordan they would have filled up the stands and much more. I like that atmosphere!

oh all you guys and your silly 2a,3a and 4a teams wink. anyways, we (i play for anoka) took care of forest lake last tues and play blaine tomorrow! tough game but we feel prepared. by the way the northwest suburban conference is without a doubt the toughest conference in state. Andover, Blaine, Centennial and Champlin Park have all been top 10 ranked this year. And we have held our ground at 6-3 including our playoff game. not sure but ive heard we are ranked 15th or somethin

Congrats on making it this far! Thats always a feat in itself to win a playoff game. Good luck the rest of the way, even though you belittle our 2a, 3a, and 4a classes. grin J/K. Looks like you have your work cut out for you tomorrow.

I usually don't pick an outright favorite in 5A but if you make it to the dome I'll pull for the Tornadoes!

Lep, what would that hurt? It might make for a little more parody in the conference instead of HF dominating.

I wouldn't necessarily say that HF has been dominating. They've been good competition and one of the better teams in the MRC. Just not dominating. HF played their first game in 2002.

I agree with your comment about the fans. LSH, BP and Jordan usually have a great fan base.

It sounds like both of my sons might be at the BP game today. Good luck!!!

Anyone from Le Center traveling over my way on Saturday? Weather should be decent it looks!

I'll be down there tonight (not that I'm from Le Center though), look for the guy in the HSO sweatshirt and camo......the clip board will be the other dead give away.

Springfeild should handle Le Center tonight as long as they can get a few big plays and keep Le Center's running game in check. NUC should have no issues with CMC, they did not play a good game against them last time they met and they have a new game plan for tonight to slow down the blitzing of CMC and cover there spread offense better.

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

I wouldn't necessarily say that HF has been dominating. They've been good competition and one of the better teams in the MRC. Just not dominating. HF played their first game in 2002.

I agree with your comment about the fans. LSH, BP and Jordan usually have a great fan base.

It sounds like both of my sons might be at the BP game today. Good luck!!!

I didn't mean they were necessarily dominating NOW. I am saying that a team that has only been around for 7 years and is doing as well as they have already, will only get better and will eventually dominate the conference.

I would rather see a more level conference where every team has a chance to win some games. Small schools will always go through their ups and downs, like BP who is having an up year this year, but these private schools do not experience as much of these ups and downs because they are not pulling all of their players from one small town.

well officially I am from lecenter but its just an adrres everything else is lesueur fire,school voting etc anyway I and my son will be going to the BP vs waseca game my son said the coach says he can get in free he just has to tell them he is a player on the LSH team and they have a list of players should be a great game I hope BP goes far I lived in BP for 5 are 6 years too

by the way the northwest suburban conference is without a doubt the toughest conference in state.

i would beg the differ. The Wright county confernce is much tougher. GSL,Delano,Annandale,Waconia,Orono. all Very tough teams. none of them have lost yet. there all moving on.

Originally Posted By: Burnham
by the way the northwest suburban conference is without a doubt the toughest conference in state.

i would beg the differ. The Wright county confernce is much tougher. GSL,Delano,Annandale,Waconia,Orono. all Very tough teams. none of them have lost yet. there all moving on.

This could be debated until the cows come home. You are comparing 3A teams and 5A teams.

BP just got beat by Waseca 35-26.

It was a good game, even better than the score indicates because Waseca scored their last touchdown late in the 4th quarter after BP had scored a TD to come within 2 of Waseca but failed to convert on the 2 point conversion try. BP then attempted an onsides kick but Waseca recovered and with the excellent field position, ended up scoring somewhat easily.

Charlie Kern was injured early in the game and sat out a good part of the first half after throwing a beautiful long TD pass to put the Tigers up 14 - 6. He came back in and played the whole 2nd half but was limping the whole time. Losing the running game of Charlie really hurt BP, especially with our best RB still out for disciplinary reasons.

It didn't help either that Waseca has a BIG line and BP had a hard time ever stopping their running game, but Waseca had almost as hard a time stopping our passing game.

Congrats to Waseca. It should be interesting to see who wins the task of playing Glencoe/SL.

NUC and Springfield both won, I was down in Springfield for that game. The Tigers scored 2 td's early, one on a recovered fumble to give them a 14-0 lead, LeCenter dominated the 2nd quarter and scored twice to tie the game. I really thought that LeCenter might run away with it in the second half but the Tigers came out and broke a few big plays as well as were aided by a few turnovers and ran away with the game. A big 4th down conversion put the game away in the middle of the 4th quarter.

Cathedral won 42-12 against CMC, they were down 6-0 after the 1st quarter but took over the game with 2 punt returns for TD's and they picked off 5 passes, 4 in the second half, one returned for a TD.

So we've got a rematch of the Class A State quarterfinals this friday in the Section 2A Championship, should be a great game!

Originally Posted By: crothmeier
Anyone from Le Center traveling over my way on Saturday? Weather should be decent it looks!

I'll be down there tonight (not that I'm from Le Center though), look for the guy in the HSO sweatshirt and camo......the clip board will be the other dead give away.

Springfeild should handle Le Center tonight as long as they can get a few big plays and keep Le Center's running game in check. NUC should have no issues with CMC, they did not play a good game against them last time they met and they have a new game plan for tonight to slow down the blitzing of CMC and cover there spread offense better.

what sideline were you standing on?? i was atop the press box, i didnt read you post until today so i didnt know to look for you. I take it you were doing some scouting for Cathedral? That should be a great game friday night.

I was on the Le Center side down near the endzone on the far side (to your right I guess?)

Friday will be a classic, I've seen Springfeild play three times now and am very impressed by them as a team. The D tackles well and has great team pursuit and the offence seams to really be clicking at the right times. What Milbrath does with the Veer is really impressive, he holds onto that ball longer than anyone I've seen before making his reads, this makes it very tough to defend.

I'm going to say NUC 27/Springfeild 21 but thats just because I can't bet against my team Ha! It will be a good game and I just hope we can get the bounces to go our way!