• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High school football

BK19

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle Plaine goes for the undefeated season tonight against Jordan. This could be a very tricky game for the Tigers if they are not ready for Jordan. Jordan scores a lot of ponts per game, but so does BP. This game should be a shoot-out!

Belle Plaine should have no problem handling Jordan. With the color of Jordan's pants, it tough to see the ball when they tuck it in. They tend to run a lot of reversals with some passing mixed in. BP needs to keep an eye on Maleshenko (SP?) I think he's listed at 6' 6". Very tough to defend him.

Belle Plaine with the win, undefeated regular season, and conference title. Same for GSL, pitching a fifth regular season shutout. Their points against average now stands at 2.4. W.E.M. beats G.F.W. to finish their regular season 7-1. New Prague finishes 6-2 after beating Farmington at home. Lots of good football locally. LS-H beats M-L to go 5-3 in the regular season.

Time for playoffs!

Belle Plaine should have no problem handling Jordan. With the color of Jordan's pants, it tough to see the ball when they tuck it in. They tend to run a lot of reversals with some passing mixed in. BP needs to keep an eye on Maleshenko (SP?) I think he's listed at 6' 6". Very tough to defend him.

I was a little surprised that Belle Plaine held Jordan to 13 points in the game. Thats the least amount of points they scored all season. Jordan did a lot of misdirection in their run game but Belle Plaine is very tough against the run. Jordan passed a lot early in the game with some success, but by halftime BP had intercepted 3 passes and recovered a muffed punt. I think Jordan was a little gun-shy to do much passing in the second half even though they were down by 3 scores most of it. The tall receiver ended up not being much of a factor.

Lep, if it makes you feel any better, it turns out that Le Seuer ended up giving BP the best game of anyone in the conference.

The final score of 14-12 doesn't reflect how the game actually went between LSH and BP grin

Congrats to BP for the Conference Champ. Glad to see they won. I had my odds on HF, but glad to see I was proven wrong.

I would have bet the farm on Holy Family early in the year but I am also very happy to be wrong.

Lep, I could be wrong(as I have been many times before)but the way I look at the brackets is:

Belle Plaine will have a 1st round bye because there are 9 teams in the section. Looks like Le Seuer may play Jordan in the 1st round and the winner of that game would play Belle Plaine in the second round.

Like I said, I could be wrong since our sections bracket is not completed yet because there are still teams that have to play tonight, but as of right now thats the way it looks to me.

Highland Park beat Washburn tonight. A buddy of mine's brother who is one of the Jordan coaches, scouted the game tonight called his brother and said he was unimpressed with either team and thought BP could handle either one. I hope he is right!

Looks like GSL will be a very tough one to beat again this season in the play-offs.

I believe they could move up a class and still play very well.

They could play fine in the $a class, however, there not even close to moving up with the enrollment they have in GSL

Belle Plaine takes on Minneapolis Roosevelt at BP and LSH plays Waseca at Waseca. If BP and LSH should both win, we would get to see the re-match.

LSH will have some work to do if they want to win on BP's home field.

I heard yesterday that 2 of BP's players will be suspended from the team. One for 2 weeks and the other for 6 weeks. I have to find out more details before I comment further, but these are 2 very important players.

My son told me the same thing. He only knew one of the names. If true, he was one that did a lot of damage to LSH on the ground.

With or without, BP can still be tough competition for LSH if we meet in Game 2. Maybe I'll see you in BP Dave laugh

Well New Ulm Cathedral wrapped up it's second straight 8-0 season last Tuesday. Hopefully the Hounds are going to make a deep playoff run again this year and return to State for the 3rd time in 4 years. They have a tough section standing in there way though with Springfeild, LeCenter, Loyola, and Cedar Mountian rounding out the top 5 seeds.

Should be a fun couple of weeks for me running around the area scouting!

My son told me the same thing. He only knew one of the names. If true, he was one that did a lot of damage to LSH on the ground.

With or without, BP can still be tough competition for LSH if we meet in Game 2. Maybe I'll see you in BP Dave laugh

Yeah it is him and a receiver(I won't mention names on here)

I'd like to see a re-match. I hope both teams win thier 1st but then after that there will be NO MORE rooting for LSH smirk