• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins trade rumors

IFallsRon

Have to think casilla is on a bus somewhere out of town at this very moment. I'm a little worried that the end result is that we are going to be seeing a lot less of harris now since lnp is a probably better 2b from a defensive standpoint. Not that harris is an all star or anything, but if the end result is that we basically insert cabrera for harris, then don't think it is much of an upgrade at all.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Punto and Casilla are out at 2nd base, who do you have at 2nd??? Harris is not a 2nd baseman.

Having Harris at 2nd would be a disaster.

I'll take Punto at 2nd all day every day over Harris.

Defense is much more important in this situation.

PLUS Harris is currently in a 2 for 15 slump and his average as dropped in the Low .260's after being .300 earlier in the year.I believe he's hitting around .235 the last month or so. No surprise there being he's a career 260 hitter.

He may see some action at 2nd but Gardy ain't that dumb to give him the primary job at 2nd.

On a side note: yippee Skippy we signed a player so now Mauer can stay..LOL!

I like the move for Cabrera. A real good #2 hitter. But as long as the Twins and A's were talking, I would have liked to have seen a bigger deal to include Wuertz...

But Cabrera is strong defensively, and he strengthens the top of the lineup and deepens the lineup a bit.

Definitely an upgrade if he is a gold glover and can put any kind of wood on the ball. My guess is Harris will be seeing maybe a little spot duty @ 2nd (they don't like him on the right side of the infield) and maybe some @ 3rd depending on Crede's health.

Anyone else notice Harris disagrees with more ball/strike calls than anyone else in the Majors? On just about every called strike called on him, he always shoots a glance back at the ump. Its almost a given. He often has a word or two about it as well.

Anyone else notice Harris disagrees with more ball/strike calls than anyone else in the Majors? On just about every called strike called on him, he always shoots a glance back at the ump. Its almost a given. He often has a word or two about it as well.

YES!!!!!!!!! I was going to start a thread on it. There was a game where he struck out looking twice in a row on PERFECT pitches and he went on a big rant with the umpire! I was amazed and I'm pretty sure the team has addressed it.

He has really bad temper also often trowing his bat and dropping explitives!

He has been a bit better of late though!

Harris is a career .268 hitter. (which is 21 points higher than Punto)

Exactly and look for Punto/Cassila at 2nd instead of Harris for obvious reasons.

I think the Trade is more symbolic versus actual making us a better team, almost a lateral move IMO

Will see though!

PB and I don't agree on a whole lot of things but I do agree with him that this looks like a lateral move. For all practical purposes we traded harris for cabrera and a bench for harris to sit on (unless they have concerns that crede may be out long term in which case harris moves to 3b?). This may be a slight upgrade at ss but does absolutely nothing to address the holes at 2b and pitching.

Yep...the A's liked Ladendorf...from the Fox Sports HSOforum:

Ladendorf is a player the A's wanted to pick in the 2008 draft, an athletic infielder with good speed who is still growing.

"He's a ways away," Beane said on a conference call. "He's a kid we really liked in the draft the previous year. In fact we were going to draft him with the next pick after the Twins selected him. We have some familiarity with him as an amateur."

Beane said he talked to the Twins over the last 10 days, but their "reluctance" to part with Ladendorf was what held up the deal.

More on Ladendorf:

Ladendorf, a second-round pick last year, hit .410/.500/.721 in 61 at-bats in the Appalachian (Rookie) League, but fell to .233/.292/.267 in 60 at-bats since moving up to low Single-A Beloit.

Usually when Harris strikes out looking he sticks his butt out like the pitch is so far inside but hits the plate every time.

Wish coulda found a suitor for Young. Wish woulda got a reliever or package him and someone for a SP.

I can't stand the way Harris reacts after receiving a strike called or even worse, after striking out. It makes me want to slap him on the back of his head. If I were an umpire, he'd definately never get a close call to go his way at the plate.

Harris really looked good tonite in that last inning..He is at best a utility infielder. His bat cannot even come close to Punto's defense. Harris would need to at least hit 75 points higher then his current average to make up the difference.

Thats what the Twins G.M. Billy-bone-head should put in all of his deals "We Take it Back" clause in the Garza and Bartlett for Young deal. Now that is a phrase that should be put on any deal. To me he is a very bad G.M. he knows he got burned bad on the Garza trade so he's afraid to make a mistake again. Some fans will say at least he made a trade but I do not know if the MM boys will look at it like "Thats the missing piece to this world series puzzle.

If MacPhail had stayed, we would have a minimum of 3 more WS titles here, he knew how to make GREAT moves by not giving up much. The last great deal we made was the Nathan trade, and that was how many years ago?