• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's ever tried quitting(smoking)???

Jim Uran

Well I made it thru the weekend and still not smoking it was a tough deal being in the spear shack watching nothing and wanting a smoke but kept telling myself You can always have one tomarrow just not today and it worked

Its always toughest when you are doing something that you would have been pounding the heaters normally and fishing can be one of those times. Bring some snacks and some jerky just to keep the mouth busy and hang on tight to the spear.

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elwood I figured out before I quit smoking that I probably smoked up a couple top of the line 4x4's or top of the line Rangers. That was a few years ago. I can't imagine with $5.00 on the average per pack and you can't hardly find anywhere to smoke these days that a new boat isn't out of line at all. It's tougher somedays for me also but I do know if I even take one puff it's all over and back to the starting line. As with any bad habit or addiction when you kick it I don't see where you can't reward yourself. it also will make it easier to be around for your family. A good friend told me for the little bit of suffering now is easier than the last year of pain and suffering you will have with stage 4 lung cancer.

yep I've smoked up alot of really nice toys and trips to boot thats the second reason I'm quitting the first is what leechbait talks about. health my grandpa died of lung cancer and my dads got an artery disease due to smoking so my odds arnt that great if I smoke so why do it.

I know you can! Hang tough man. I'm a stubborn 3rd generation German-American & I passed my one year mark on Sept. 28th. I quit them for 17 years before & started again on 9/11. I started using chantax? on 9/11 last year & quit the smokes on the 18th, and then got rid of the pills on the 28th. The pills were horrible, but they helped. I really don't get the urges for the cigs anymore. Like anything else we change about our habits-good or bad, it takes willpower and time. Good luck!!!

keep it up elwood!! not only when you walk do you feel better but isn't it great to not smell like a cig everytime you put on your jacket or get into a car or go into a resteraunt? that was a big deal to me when I quit is that I don't reak of smoke anymore!!! I think the best thing is that when I would lay down to go to sleep I would get a weez in my lungs/breathing that I couldn't shake and that is gone......also I used to get real bad sinus problems in the winter with smoking.....to be honest as I look back I was pretty miserable while being a pack a day smoker!!!

the gal in your life will appreciate the added lung power you have too, if you get what I mean wink

my gal smokes and yea its hard to deal with but I think I'm working it out ok.

Be sides I got a good joke on why you want a girl thats a cronic smoker for a lover but its a see and feel kinda joke laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

Thanks for the suport guys and yes posting helps me not think of smoking for some reason.

It keeps your hands busy so you can't reach for a smoke winkgrin

To all that are trying to quit: Keep up the good work and remember that you are trying to break a ADDICTION and that part is never easy.

Pack and a half a day for ten years; clean and free for over two years now (cold turkey). I never did try gum, patches, anything else... I think if you want to quit, TRULY want to quit, than will power is the best way. Don't buy cigarettes, don't put them to your lips, don't light the end, don't inhale. Simplest un-simple thing there is!

Good luck to all! I quit in 89 started back up in 04 and quit again Nov 19th 09. (I think that is great American smoke out day isn't it?) Harder the second time... I would still be just fine with going out and havin a smoke right now. Must not do it though... don't want to smell like an ash tray when I get to hold my grand baby in Aug!!!! Now there is some motivation!!!! take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo