• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many batteries

True

Just wondering if 1 battery is enough to run a bilge pump,livewell pump, areator, radio,nav. lights and 1 or 2 spot lights for 6 to 8 hours of fishing? My boat motor is a manual start.

Thanks True

If you have an older motor the electronics in it may not have enough oomph to charge the battery quickly so over time your battery may slowly drain if you are using all that stuff.

I had an old Evinrude that did that and if you didn't take a long cruise at the end of the day the battery wouldn't get fully charged.

I bought a 15 watt solar panel at Northern last year. It's on sale right now for $130. I put a couple pieces of conduit on the ends to widen out the thing and then laid it on top of the lift canpoy and tied it down. I never had to lug the batteries back to the house the entire season. I switched the charger from the starter battery to the trolling motor battery once in a while. It worked great and I would recommend it to anyone who didn't want to lug batteries back and forth. I used my boat at least once a week but was light on the trolling motor. That battery was 5+ years old and I expected it wouldn't last the season but it did.

BTW I have lake access so the rig never gets off the water. There's no electric where it is docked. Finally the charger on the motor hasn't seemed to work for quite a while and even if it did I seldom run the boat long enough to have it really charge off the motor.

hmmmm i was just lookin at on of those trollmasterts for my kicker i'm not sure if you run that of ur cranking battery or your trolling motor mines 24v so i guess it would hafta run off the crankin battery

this solar deal would be a good deal for that huh ??????