• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thought I'd get things jump started.

BobT

Sing along now.

whistlewhistle

Oh where, oh where, has the soft water gone? Oh where, oh where has it gone? My toes are cold and my fingers are numb. Oh where, oh where has it gone?

whistlewhistle

How long before this thread gets moved back to the top?

Bob

As my fingers freeze and my toes go numb, rod ices up, and holes become skimmed over, I find myself drifting back to early June, back trolling down the shore line, big walleyes are plentiful and hungry....and most importantly, I'm Warm.....

I love the ice, but nothing going beats catching fish this teeth casting cranks...

For the first time in about 15 years, I'm longing for open water more than I ever have. Haven't even been on the ice yet this year and I'm ready to hit the river.

- Mid March, Walleyes on Pool 4

- April, Rainy River Walleyes

- April 18-19, Sturgeon Excursion

- Early May the flatheads will fire up on the Minnesota

So 3 months of patience and preparation to go.

December 22nd had the shortest daylight for us this year with sunrise at 8:00am and sunset at 4:39pm. Total = 8hrs, 39mins.

Today, December 26th, sunrise was at 8:01am and sunset will be at 4:42pm. We actually lost a minute in the morning but gained three in the afternoon. Total = 8hrs, 41mins.

We've already picked up two minutes!

This is according to the U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department.

Bob