Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobT

Thought I'd get things jump started.

23 posts in this topic

Sing along now.

whistlewhistle

Oh where, oh where, has the soft water gone? Oh where, oh where has it gone? My toes are cold and my fingers are numb. Oh where, oh where has it gone?

whistlewhistle

How long before this thread gets moved back to the top?

Bob

I've been icefishing 3 times... That's enough till next year. Bring on the real fishing that only soft water can offer!

As my fingers freeze and my toes go numb, rod ices up, and holes become skimmed over, I find myself drifting back to early June, back trolling down the shore line, big walleyes are plentiful and hungry....and most importantly, I'm Warm.....

I love the ice, but nothing going beats catching fish this teeth casting cranks...

Think possitive guys! I'm a twenty firster. Which means the 21st of this month the days start swinging back the other way and start getting longer! So to me, that's the first day of spring! It won't be long now!

I saw someone towing a boat through the Fleet parking lot Saturday. I was thinking lucky sonofagun.

I was going to go out with Fishing Dan on pool four on Sunday. Wife wouldn't let me though cause I fished on Saturday on the ice. You can still get a boat out if you want, but it's cold!!

For the first time in about 15 years, I'm longing for open water more than I ever have. Haven't even been on the ice yet this year and I'm ready to hit the river.

- Mid March, Walleyes on Pool 4

- April, Rainy River Walleyes

- April 18-19, Sturgeon Excursion

- Early May the flatheads will fire up on the Minnesota

So 3 months of patience and preparation to go.

I hear ya Chris. I'm gonna hit Eyes on Pool 4 early this year. Gonna try to make the Sturgeon Excursion as well.

I just want those bass, thankfully we have Monticello smallies, which really helps to get the edge off.

December 22nd had the shortest daylight for us this year with sunrise at 8:00am and sunset at 4:39pm. Total = 8hrs, 39mins.

Today, December 26th, sunrise was at 8:01am and sunset will be at 4:42pm. We actually lost a minute in the morning but gained three in the afternoon. Total = 8hrs, 41mins.

We've already picked up two minutes!

This is according to the U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department.

Bob

I saw someone towing a boat through the Fleet parking lot Saturday. I was thinking lucky sonofagun.

Sorry, but that was a mirage.

n1633592486_73579_5392.jpg

Well, someone was hopeful. I followed this guy from Lakeville to Faribault. Dreaming, but then thinking, mmm all that salt on his aluminum. ugggg.

I had a $100 gift certificate for the local bait shop and used it towards a St. Croix graphite rod today. I feel it warming up already.