• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

Christopher Quast

I got myself in this horrible prediciment with my boss and dont know which route to go on this ordeal.

Here's the deal I decided to go shotgun hunting this year and I borrowed a gun from a buddy and it's probably not what your thinking right now, anyways I was going to buy a scope to use on it and then one day I got to talking with my boss over lunch (I should mention it is just me and him at work, very very small company) I have worked for him just about 9 months now, and he mentioned he might have an old one laying around I could buy from him if it held it's zero, so I thought why not?

Well that was my first mistake, he brings it in and it is in good shape minus the fact that the verticle reticle actually was adjustable and he had a piece of tape over the knob. I asked him what that was about and he said that the plastic screw that held the turret adjuster/cap was broke, so he said I should try to glue it with super glue and it held great.

That weekend I mounted it and sighted it in and it held zero just fine and then the first weekend hunting I walked this very nasty treeline to a woods during a drive and when I got done I realized the cover was gone, my first thought was OH SH!T, but then the more I thought about the situation the more I began to think he knew about this should it be my baby or not?

I called bushnell and they said it would be around 20 bucks to ship it both ways and that they might have the part for it and if not I would have the option of buying a new one half price, but the kicker is that the scope is a Bushnell Banner and he thought he paid 50-60 bucks when it was new and then he told me that he wanted 40 for it and I am having an extremely hard time figuring out how to deal with this without ticking him off. Any help will be appreciated.

Okay. Let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that he's your boss, you agreed to purchase the scope knowing that it had a flaw. You decided to attempt a "fix" and it failed. You can repair the unit but by the time you're done, the scope will have cost as much as a new one. Now it sounds like you're asking if you should still be obligated to buy the scope, which you have not yet paid for.

If my recap is correct, I'd say suck it up to a learning experience, pay him what you agreed, and move on.

Bob

Yep, I would agree with these two guys. That's how you learn lessons some times. Sucks to be on the loosing end of it, but sometimes, that's how it goes. On a side note, talk to him about it. Don't make it sound like you expect to not pay for it. You never know, he may just say forget about it, or he may not.

I would say the same thing as the above guys. Suck it up, make the best of it and learn from it. At least its not a $500 dollar scope. You are actually probably getting by pretty cheaply, it will be well worth it to just pay the man and maintain a relationship than have a squabble over $40.

Funny you say that kr8 I just spent 45 minutes trying to explain to a driver how to get to a builing he's 1/4 mile from. But yeah $20 bucks more for the part is a cheap lesson you wont forget, don't mention it to him and hopefully the scope works for your needs.

There's a good reason I made the point, "Regardless of the fact that he is your boss." First, I'm going with the assumptions that I made and in so doing, it wouldn't matter to me that he holds my job against me or is just some joe blow I've never met before. If I purchase a used item, I guess I go with the adage "Buyer beware" and feel I'm taking my chances. It's the price one pays for buying used. Look things over carefully before you sign on the dotted line.

Bob