• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The "Original" Ice Map (Done for the year!)

Jeremy airjer W

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drilled a couple holes in Reitz lake near Waconia on Thursday and had 3" of clear ice about 100' from shore. Didn't see any tracks on Waconia yet and it looked like there might have been some open water in Turd's bay...there was geese in there.

Checked a couple small lakes in the southern metro and found 6". I saw some tents on Prior Lake and also open water. ice001.jpgice002.jpg

Photos are of Prior Lake just off lords island. The bottom photo you can see watzls beach. Also between lords and reeds island it was wide open.

Does anyone know if lake elmo is still open? I hope it is!! lol. It helps my goose hunting. I was thinking of heading out in the morning. If it's froze over it's not even worth going out. Last week I seen lake jane was frozen over completly, then drove past elmo and there was a speed boat out there lol.

saw a lot of open water on tanners from 94. wanted to get out there tomorrow, but gonna head to battle creek instead.

Tanners east shore opened up wed. night or Thursday morning for some reason? Did you notice that thing in the middle with the orange marker? What do you suppose that is?

fished Waconia on Fri and Sat. In the bay ice was 4-5.5 in.

Went out in front of marina on Sat evening and found some thinner ice. The lake appears to have completely froze over on Sat evening. Becareful as the snow will hide these recently frozen areas. In town has these areas on GPS cords.

If there is one thing I have learned the last three years of doing this its that it is an educational experience! I have just about worn out my Minnesota Atlas & Gazetteer looking up all of the places you have given info on!! grin

Thanks for the updates!!