• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally Got My Halloween Buck !!

tracker x-2

Hello everyone just got back on here sense last Friday. Decided to go out for a Halloween bow hunt and it was well worth it. I decided to sit in one of my dad’s stands that evening and well long story short I ended up shooting a pope and young class buck. This is one that I shot at in early October and had a clean miss. (I was a little too excited I think). I watched him come in for about ten minutes before he offered me a perfect broad side shot at twenty yards. My dad and I have been seeing this guy sense early August below is a picture of him early in the season with velvet, along with the one from last Friday.

PIC_0018.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

I would say it's a different deer, look at how the main beam forks on the left side, I see a small sticker on the earlier picture, but nothing as deep as the one you shot. Still, a darn nice deer for sure, congrats!

Congrats on a very nice buck man!!! Not to burst your bubble but are you sure thats the same buck ? Maybe just the angle of trail cam pic, but to me it looks like a different buck that you shot. Nontheless great buck...

that is a dandy buck you shot there, but I gree, it doesn't look like the same one in the trail cam pic.

those are 2 different deer. if you look at his post he says "this is the one i shot at in october and missed" which he is talking about the first pictured buck. and he aslo says "my dad and i have been seeing this guy sinse early august, below is a picture of him early in the season with velvet" which he is talking about the top buck again, and then right after that he says "along with the one from last friday" which is the one he killed.

congrats on the buck. as far as people thinking they are different deer, maybe the trail cam pic was early. it looked like the main beam tips in velvet were trying to look like crab claws, and the pic of him harvested they they were.

also, the G2 and G3 on deer right where the same length in velvet and now. the G2 and G3 on deer left showed the G3 to be a bit longer than the G2. the velvet pic he was still growing, so i think the pic is from august or so.