• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings 12 Lions 10

Northlander

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We won because I truly think the Lions QB thought he could run out of the end zone, then come back in legally. I can't think of any other reason he did that. It looked intentional what he did, not accidental.

I was hoping we would loose just so Chilly would be GOOONE!!!

We dont deserve to be tied for first. We cant even score in the first half against the worst team in the NFL...that makes us the WORST team in the NFL> It takes the refs to get us over the hump.

And by the way, we were playing against a first time starting quarter back that has not seen playing time in 5 years.

WOW.

Oh come on guys, it didnt look good but they won, and thats all that matters!

Against possibly the worst team in the NFL at home? Had that been the Titans game you could get away with saying that, but not against a perpetually losing franchise.

And yes the Vikings should use more 3 and 4 receiver sets. 8 in the box with 4 receivers leaves 1 receiver completely uncovered (BTW the vikings defense often leaves the slot receiver uncovered at the line). If they bring in more defensive backs to cover them, then you have Peterson against DB's as opposed to linebackers that know how to control gaps and make solid tackles. And whatever happened to this Talyor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time business?

Must have bought a lot of it....hope that is.

wink

I never said it was a pretty game, or that we even looked good, all I said was the Vikings did win, and that is all that really matters. This isnt college ball, we dont need to win by a certain margin, we only need to win. As long as that happens we shouldnt complain! If they find away to win next week, ugly win or not its still a win, and people shouldnt complain!

Go Vikes!

No hope, just a big fan!

The defense sucked...and so did the offensive line.

5 sacks for Detroit?? Come on.

A win is a win though, but let's move on.

At lease SP ran for over 100 yards and Ferotte threw for 300 yards.

Reminding me of the GB Vikes game on Monday night. Terrible game and GB won on ref calls.

296 Hammer! He had it but that swing pass lost him 5 yards. Like you said we moved the ball, but the fumbles cost us bigtime. It was a game we needed to win and we did, amen. Bring on the Bears, we can play sloppy against them and still win. If Matt Ryan can go 6 for 6 on third down against them, I hope old man withers can do the same.

The defense sucked...and so did the offensive line.

5 sacks for Detroit?? Come on.

A win is a win though, but let's move on.

At lease SP ran for over 100 yards and Ferotte threw for 300 yards.

Reminding me of the GB Vikes game on Monday night. Terrible game and GB won on ref calls.

I hope you're not serious Hammer crazy I must say the refs have been quite good the the purple this year, but they had nothing to do with the loss at Green Bay. How many penalties did the Pack have in that game? Take off the PURPLE GOGGLES PLEEEEASE! wink

Detroit at the dome....2 points at the half from a bonehead QB play..32 yard pass to Johnson to the Viking 30 yard line ruled a FUMBLE???? 2nd and 20....42yard phantom pass interference call?? Longwell kicks a FG for an "impressive" win.

With a few more calls and the ball bouncing the right way, the purple should be 5-1 right? UNBELIEVABLE!!! wink

Win or lose, I think most fans would agree that this Vikings team has been pretty boring to watch. There hasn't been much that they've done that's been exciting. I found myself missing most of the second half and watching a movie instead.

I agree with you so haaad. Very boring to watch. Last week Winfield provided some excitement, but there hasn't been much to cheer about on offense. The big 85 yard TD pass was nicem, but I would rather see consistancy.

My goggles may be a little purple, but your goggles (Badger) are so green and gold...you can't see anything else.

How can I top that comeback?? grin!! Your posts make my day Hammer. smile By the way...my dad's better than your dad shocked LOL

At least I have posts that compliment GB and compliment Favre and Rodgers.

I don't think the Vikings are all that. I think the whole Division is not very good.

I can see the big picture.

Here I will give you a comeback "Well yea, but we won a SuperBowl!"

I have also posted positive things about the Vikings...I enjoy watching AP, Winfield and the Williams boys. They're fantastic players.

You're comment about the Packer/Viking game "GB won on ref calls" gives you no credibility. crazy Your fellow purple posters often disagree with your "Big Picture" point of views.

Comeback....McCarthy is 5-0 against Chilly. Maybe I can't use that because it goes back too far...plus the Pack probably won on "Ref Calls" smile