• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you own?

ozzy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a Zercom Colorpoint. I don't think they make them any more. I think Zercom may have gone out of business... I like the colorpoint. It works great... I think!?! I don't have anything to compare it to since it's the only flasher I have ever owned. Has anyone owned one before?? and how does it compare to the Vexilar or Marcum? Any difference??

roadkingclasic56 - If your looking for something similar to what you have in the Colorpoint as far as the thin line display and no zoom. The LX-1 will be the closest thing to your point. I know I had 3 Colorpoints. The LX-3 is a little more expensive but you get all the bells and whistles and the zooms terrific.

Well I first started using a FL 8SLT then last year I switched to a LX 3 and have been happy ever since. Still got the vex not sure why it just sits in the corner. Maybe I should sell it. I suppose I would regrete it some how better just hang on to both.

CNY Tim,

Thank you for the input. I have been thinking hard about upgrading. The color point is getting up there in age and I don't think I can get parts for it if it goes down. I have been looking at all of the vexilars, marcums, and the X67. I like the looks of the X67 alot, but I would like to see one in action before I buy. Need to know how it works when the mercury is low on the pole, does it shoot through some ice, etc. Lots of shopping going on.... not much purchasing yet. cool.gif

fl-18, but if I bought another one it would be the fl-8. I don't find the zoom feature that useful. I don't like shrinking the other half of my display. Besides, I can read a fish on the bottom nearly as well without the zoom on. Otherwise a great tool for fishing.

Newbie First Post

I own a LX-3

I was at Fleat Farm in Lakeville last night and they are(like everyone else) in the process of clearing everything out. There are (2) LX-3's there for 369 if anyone is in the market for one.

I too have the Zercom Colorpoint and love it. Had a Clearwater Classic and sold that to my bro in law. Both units have been great. I remember reading that the former pres of Zercom just joined the board at Nature Vision.