Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Ufatz

Leaking oil

Family member has new Lund,  about 25 hours on it, powered by 150 Merc. The other day they noticed when motor tipped up it dripping some oil,  not a lot, but enough to make them nervous.  Outfit is back at dealers now.  I'm suggesting it is a seal or gasket and nothing serious.

What do you folks think? Nephew not all that familiar with boats and motors so I thought I'd look for possible solutions.  It is probably going to wait quite a while for service.

Could be dripping from oil reservoir under hood . I have an optimal that will leak if oil cap is loose but that causes an alarm to sound when starting 

10 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

It it's at the dealers, why all the conjecture? Foolish. You'll find out out soon enough.

Oh, so no Wingnut here? :(

Ain't gonna be no huggy-snuggy krap here! That's on anudder thread, where ANYTHING goes! I think Nugent wrote a song about it...Free-for-all.

31 minutes ago, smurfy said:

when I first seen   saw the title to this I thought mike 89 was talkin about his Harley!!!!!!!!!:crazy::P:grin:

oh and do you 2 need to have a group hug!!!!!!!!:grin:

Saw. when I first saw.  Thought I would fix that before eyeguy54 came by! :lol:

11 hours ago, smurfy said:

when I first seen the title to this I thought mike 89 was talkin about his Harley!!!!!!!!!:crazy::P:grin:

in your dreams dude!!!!!!!:whistle:

Edited by Mike89

On 9/6/2017 at 7:05 PM, leech~~ said:

Preliminary report is that a leak has developed between the powerhead and the sump? Makes no sense to me but then I am not familiar with that engine either. The reason I posted in the first place was the thread might help a fellow member with a similar problem. Dealer has sent photos etc. to the powers above to learn next move.

I understand power head and sump...but not in context of a Mercury outboard. :)

Oh boy, that's not good....sorry to hear that.  If it was me, I'd push for possibly another new engine, rather than start (maybe) pulling powerhead, gaskets, drive seals, etc. on a brand new engine and dickering around to find the source. Some 150 Verado's had that prob a while back, with a valve knocking pressure in sump too high, blowing shaft seals out. Hope it's something else; good luck.

very weird.... Ufatz quotes Leech at 7:05 pm on 9/6 as saying something about the sump,

Preliminary report is that a leak has developed between the powerhead and the sump? Makes no sense to me but then I am not familiar with that engine either. The reason I posted in the first place was the thread might help a fellow member with a similar problem. Dealer has sent photos etc. to the powers above to learn next move.

while the actual post from leech at that same time and date says (as of right now)

Oh, so no Wingnut here? :(

(cue twilight zone theme)  

I believe RebellSS is correct and that is the course the kids will pursue.  This is a brand new boat with minimal hours on it.

And, as a snide aside, it's biggest problem is that it is a Mercury.

Yamaha. Honda.Suzuki.....for many years in AK with very few if any problems,  and this was out in the land where you just could not afford problems!!   Ha Ha Ha.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, delcecchi said:

very weird.... Ufatz quotes Leech at 7:05 pm on 9/6 as saying something about the sump,

while the actual post from leech at that same time and date says (as of right now)

(cue twilight zone theme)  

Holy-e-craap Del I thought that I had lost my mind too!  But, it looks like it was Ufatz that fat fingered something? :crazy:

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Holy-e-craap Del I thought that I had lost my mind too!  But, it looks like it was Ufatz that fat fingered something? :crazy:

I can't imagine what happened.  So was it something with the sump?  Or is the wingnut loose?  

Getting a new replacement motor seems unlikely to me, BTW.  No matter who made the motor, unless the dealer really stands up. 

On 9/6/2017 at 7:57 AM, Ufatz said:

I'm going to pay all costs for my Nephew not covered under warranty to get his boat back in the water, because I have lots of cash anyway and am a great uncle! :)

Yes you are!! ;)

Edited by leech~~

Okay fellas,  it is NOT funny to post a note under another members name!  I don't know where the above quote about "paying all costs etc.."...came from and while it might be cute it is not my post.

Let's not do that any more.

8 minutes ago, Ufatz said:

Okay fellas,  it is NOT funny to post a note under another members name!  I don't know where the above quote about "paying all costs etc.."...came from and while it might be cute it is not my post.

ikr! suks when folks do that! :whistle:

On 9/9/2017 at 9:49 AM, Ufatz said:

Edited by leech~~

On 9/9/2017 at 7:48 PM, Ufatz said:

I believe RebellSS is correct and that is the course the kids will pursue.  This is a brand new boat with minimal hours on it.

And, as a snide aside, it's biggest problem is that it is a Mercury.

Yamaha. Honda.Suzuki.....for many years in AK with very few if any problems,  and this was out in the land where you just could not afford problems!!   Ha Ha Ha.

Ya, I'll agree with the last line....:D  Hope it all works out well, Ufatz.  Keep us informed....!

3 hours ago, Ufatz said:

joke.jpg

you guys need to relax.....

I dont believe anyone modified ufatz post

What I think happened is Ufatz clicked on an old post of leeches that was posted on "09/05 @ 7:05pm"  to quote, deleted the txt of leeches original post that was quoted and then typed a a new response in the quote.....

the other one by leech is one that was fubarred and taken out of the original context