• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Minnesota Restuarant (non-chain)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North of Spooner, WI. The "Pair-O-Lakes" Lodge has the best Bluegill platter...Also during deer hunting the "Fish Bowl" in Danbury. I also have not been to this place in years watched the 87' and 91' World Series here. It has since changed ownership "Andy's Broken Arrow" Outing,MN Pork Tenderloin sandwich.

I don't know if it still in business, but the Blue Heron in Willmar is fantastic. Not much of a Sammy's pizza fan but a Savoys has just opened in Grand Rapids MN. Best burger I ever had was actually at an Embers in Duluth. Companeros in Dorset is da bomb!!!

The Creamery in Isanti. Best breakfast I have had in ages. I do also second the Palisade Cafe. Their stuffed hashbrowns and ommlets are amazing(along with the fench toast, pancakes). They also have a fish fry every friday I think, which is all you can eat.

Stumpy's in Rushford awesome pizza!

Very good pizza!

but my favorite is wagners pool hall downtown owatonna! great burger!

mexican- plaza morena in owatonna

bar and grill would be the boathouse in waseca right on clear lake!

very good thread the wifey and i like finding one off restaurants to try on road trips so im taking notes! lol

EK

One of the best things I've ever eaten is the Ahi Tacos at Melvins on the Lake in Spicer. They give you three tortillas, a thick grilled ahi tuna steak along with all the fixins and a cup of cool cucumber sauce and spicy sauce. I can't imagine eating anything else there.

It's pretty hard for me to head up to the cabin by Mille Lacs and not stop into Chico's for a Taco & a tapper. Best taco shells to be found.

Also have a hard time passing through Cloquet without grabbing a Double Cheeseburger, rings and a chocolate malt at Gordies.

Finally, at the end of the road in Ely, pretty tuff to beat sitting in the bar at the Grand Ely Lodge, BSing with Bob the Bartender, looking out at Shagawa Lake - all while downing a Porketta Sandwich topped with fried onions and provolone and a sipping on a tapper. Also the free Chili & fixins during Vikings games is second to none.

Oh....and one more. For a special occasion, try Buona Sera Ristorante in Champlin. Owned by the chef, this is an authentic Italian restaurant in an old house he has converted into a pretty unique place. $$$

My spot by Winnie is 'THE GOSH DAM PLACE" excellent burgers and good daily specials. Good drinks and friendly waitresses and bartenders. And if your lucky and you eat around sunset you may get a chance to see the bears visiting out your window.

There is a little hole in the wall mexican take out far western side of Shakopee. Don't remember the name. Good stuff maynard

Sea Salt Eatery for the catfish located at 4825 Minnehaha Avenue South in Minneapolis.

Taco Morelos for their Chorizo Tacos only. 14 W 26th St, Minneapolis.

Golooneys only for the Philly Cheese Steaks NOT the pizza, located at 2329 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis.

These are just a few places I choose from every time I'm in Minneapolis.

My favorites around Big Sandy:

Hillcrest's resort's cheeseburger (always perfect, juicy, steaky) keeps me coming back.

The Horseshoe Inn's Horseshoe melt (chicken breast ruben with great german sauerkraut on rye) and of course their legendary schnitzel dinner.