• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

El Salto Report w/ Pics

brknrn

What an awesome trip. I am not much of a writer and words wouldn't do it justice anyway.

The top 4 fish were 11 lb 12 oz. 11 lb 2 oz, 10 lb 9 oz, and 10lb 2 oz. A total of 4 9's and So many 8's and 7's we lost track!

I don't want Dietz to pick on me so here are some pics.

11 lbs. 12 oz.

IMG_0551091.jpg

11 lbs. 2 oz.

IMG_0514054.jpg

10 lbs. 9 oz.

IMG_0573113.jpg

10 lbs. 2 oz.

IMG_0479170.jpg

9 lbs. 9 oz. and 9 lbs. 6 oz.

IMG_0466157.jpg

Carolina rigs in 15-25 feet of water. 10" Black and Blue worms and 8" watermelon/red lizards. I used a Flipping stick and she used a 6'6" MH Baitcasting rod.

Her first fish ever on a baitcasting rod was 9 lbs 11 oz!! (It's now her Rod & Reel..lol)

We used Angler's Inn. Although it is more expensive than some of the others, it is a first class operation.

I think the spawn down there is closer to February but I am not sure.

Approximate cost per person was 2,200 including airfare. There are other outfitters nearby that you could do for 1,500 to 1,600 easily. We fished for 3.5 days.

We towed the boat to Texas last month and spent almost $1000 per person. In Texas we caught around 15-20 fish and our biggest fish was 6 lbs 6 oz.

Trips are all inclusive - Guide, lodging, meals, open bar, transportation to and from airport, etc. You can even use their rods and reels if you would like. Bring your own tackle.

The water is so low now (it must be down 25-30 feet) that they are thinking June and July might end up being some of the best months ever. Rainy season starts sometime in July.

If you were ever going to take the wife fishing this is the place to do it. I never had to lift a finger to help her re-tie, get unsnagged, get backlashes out, etc. On second thought I guess it was time consuming having her with...I had to take ALOT of pictures!

nice pics!

p.s. looks like we have yet another sledneck! lol

If you are implying that I never smile for pictures, that is also a Major complaint from the wife. LOL