• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone Remember These Shows?

Shack

You missed a few of the best.

McGyver - I just made a nuclear weapon from a piece of bubblegum and a fart

The "A" Team-We will shoot 10,000 rounds of ammo, but not hurt one person

And the Dukes - Daisy, why did I not notice you when I was 10???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: zamboni
My favorite shows growing up were CHiPs, Dukes of Hazzard, You Can't Do That On Television, Hey Dude, Doogie Howser M.D.

I loved Hey Dude. My wife thinks I am crazy, but she has never seen it smile

Christine Taylor (Ben Stillers wife) and that chick named Brad (I know, I know- a chick named Brad) were hotties!!!!

Ah, what the heck. Why not grin

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This one is special for Dark30 if he looks in here anymore grin

Here you guys go grin The only one I could find with the true "Anda One Anda Two" wink

The Hee Haw Hunnies

Babe Winkelman from the 80's (and his 1st wife Charlie)

BJ and the Bear

This Week in Baseball, the old NFL Today with Jimmie the Greek

Love Boat or anything with the Landers sisters

Whatever happened to Babe's first wife Charlie? He had a few daughters as well...the guy gets a new show and gets a new wife and daughter to go along with it....some folks change sponsors, Babe changes families!

BJ and the Bear was awesome!

Jimmie the Greek was also pretty crazy on NFL Today....

How about the Great American Super Hero (or something like that).

Here's a few that popped into my mind when I read through--I don't think they're repeats.

Mork and Mindy

Laverne and Shirley

Alf

Jeffersons

And although not a tv show, the "where's the beef" Wendy's commercial has been in my head since I started reading through this post.

i loved macgyver. i could go through the whole theme song in my head!

Just a tip for you MacGyver lovers.

The entire series is available to watch for free online through hulu. Just go to the hulu HSOforum and serach for MacGyver, all 7 season are there for the watching.

My wife makes fun of me becuase just by looking at the 2 inch screen shot from the episode I can tell you the entire plot of that episode.

A few more fun facts...

If you go back and watch the original pilot to the show you'll actually see MacGyver fire a gun at someone. Another episode in the first season talks about how he was on a bomb team in Vietnam. The first season is full of funny things that don't fit into the rest of the series. Like the guy who played Pete Thornton, he actually played another character in the pilot episode I believe it was.

Carol Burnett show...:)

You know what? The Carol Burnett Show was one of the best written shows in the history of TV. As far as sketch comedy, it is in the top three (early SNL, Monty Python's Flying Circus being the only two I think that could top it and I'm not really sold on putting SNL ahead of Carol Burnett). The way they incorporated their guest stars into the sketches was amazing.

SCTV was very good (Doug and Bob: How's it goin', eh?). ABC's "Fridays" tried ("Kramer" from Seinfeld's debut). But far and away, week in and week out, the Carol Burnett Show stepped up and hit it out of the park. Korman and Conway are HOF but Viki Lawrence and Carol herself were no slouches either.

Yes, their material was fairly vanilla but the show aired during "Family TV " time so they were limited. But, they did manage to sneak a few by every once in a while.

OK..kinda a regional deal for folks near Fargo/Grand Forks....but anyone remember Ollie Olson on late night Saturday..watching "WEIRDO THEATER"

Latter on it became "Weird Frank". He has a really irritating laugh.

Dam..I'm old!

Married with Children,Happy Days,Family Feud w/Richard Dawson. These are just a few.

TV land ran some Married with Children last night, the classic Al getting the air conditioner episode was on. Then the Bundy's go live in a supermarket LOL. Can I get a whoa bundy?

Here's a couple that I can remember:

Hec Ramsey

Branded

Tom Terrific cartoons

Had to eat lunch with Casey and Roundhouse

Grade school spanish lessons on ch 2 with Don Miguel

The Guy that hosted the Matinee Movie (Mel something?) on ch 11

I was actually on the Clancy the Cop show for my birthday one time

Man, this brings back memories of growing up in rural Minnesota, St. Francis when it was a dusty spot in the middle of nowhere. Now I don't even recognize the place.

wow.....you guys are YOUNG school. Try these:

Fury

Spin & Marty

Capt Mindnite

Sky King

Howdy-Dowdy

Buster Brown

Little Rascals

The Bowery Boys

Lucky Strike Hit Parade

The red head with his uke ...ameteur Hour

Kate Smith

Buck Rogers

Milton Berle

Mitch Miller

I could go on and on

Star Trek- Women in the future wearing mini skirts!

U.F.O.- Women in the future wearing mini skirts with purple hair!

Battlestar Galactica- Women trapped in space and plenty of Ambrosia.

Black Sheep Squadron- Remote pacific island with Navy nurses.

The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits- Some of the biggest names in TV got started on these shows.