• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice flat! Sure beats the 5 trip skunk streak I have going on! I'm curious about the boat too ... Looks like a wide a$s Jon - what are the specs on ur rig?

he had said in another post it was a G3 1652 with a jet outboard. 16 feet long and 52 inches across the floor.

he had said in another post it was a G3 1652 with a jet outboard. 16 feet long and 52 inches across the floor.

Thanks Brad - I don't live on this site so I can miss a post or two haha. Sounds like a nice rig.

accidentally got one of them darn thing on a floating jig head last week while trying to procure a couple eyes. Only about 25pounds but still took me a while ta land the darn thing on 6 pound test. urgh next time im just going ta snap the line. im not anti catfish but the darn thang stretched my line all ta heck

anybody ever eat any cats oughta the river. I grilled a couple 6 pound channels up one time and they were excellent. Not sure id go any bigger then that but im was tempted ta fillet out that 25lb flatty. give em ta the gals at work and tell em it was walleye.

ya i discovered catfish is pretty cheap ta just by at the grocery store so i just buy most of it there now. I found a lake not to far from my house were i get 3 ta 5 nice channels per trip, but i usually dont take more then 1 a trip home for eatin cuz its a stocked fishery that i would like to see produce for years ta come. Prolly the way u fellers feels about the rivs

Big old fish from big rivers that aren't north of farmland..

No thanks :P

Catfish are pretty beefy and super easy to fillet, so if I ever keep any, I keep ones that tend to be about 3lbs. Great size for single serving fillets of blackened catfish!

I found out last week that after filleting 3 channels and leaving to bake in the garbage can for 7 days it can make the neighbors wife mad, and the other neighbor almost tore off his front deck looking for a rotten squirel until i told him it was my garbage. smile..But the robbins ate good on the maggets crawing out of the garbage can sick

I found out last week that after filleting 3 channels and leaving to bake in the garbage can for 7 days it can make the neighbors wife mad, and the other neighbor almost tore off his front deck looking for a rotten squirel until i told him it was my garbage. smile..But the robbins ate good on the maggets crawing out of the garbage can sick

I dont get it? I mean i get the smell thing but the 1st part ecscapes me? U threw 3 channels away? ???

Nice one smile I wonder what happened to it's tail.

I think that's what happens when young gansta flatheads get in knife fights. Some of them come out with less than they went in with. Either that or the theory I heard last night -- must have happened in 'Nam.

full-35315-21071-boat001.jpg

full-35315-21072-boat002.jpg

I have gotten some good tips from this forum and had printed the control item for King of the cats, but forgot to bring it. Both fish were around 45inches but stupid me only had a 25 inch max bump board hence not able to get diameter.

Also got more picks of my brother catchin 20 and 30 pounders from our last trip to the mighty mississippi.

Its been a good year for us so far with many fish being brought to the boat. Here's a couple of the fish from the last time we got out right before the water came up. The one in the second pic was 45 1/2" making it a new personal best for me.

535873_10102081112091620_13933931_776192

148728_10102081145280110_13933931_776193

]I dont get it? I mean i get the smell thing but the 1st part ecscapes me? U threw 3 channels away? ???

Fillets in stomach, Fish remains in garbage.

Looks like i should have been fishing the river this weekend and not lakes.

Nice fish everyone!