• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

Thought I would share this with you. I was fishing by myself and this is by far the biggest meanest and hardest fish to photo alone. But I fought, photoed and released the fish in good time and as you can see I was a little excited.Oh and it was 36 pounds cats012.jpgcats013.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one true! From the pictures I would have thought that fish would have went more than 36lb's. It looks huge or comparable to one in the 50lb range being caught this year. Pretty cool! smile

Mrklean congrats on your "FFF"!

Friends First Flathead!

I don't know wanderingeyes, that's a pretty sweet picture if you ask me I like the ones that are a little unconventional. But I am sure it would also have been nice to have also gotten a full body shot too.

Hey guys jw when u catch all these monster flatheads, where do u usually fish? and do u use cutbait? or stinkbait? or what i might try and target some flatheads after seeing these pictures.. lol

wow man those are nice! when u guys fish for these, where do u usually fish? jw cuz whenever i've gone out, all i've gotten are like 3-5 pounders. and what do u usually use? like cutbait? or stinkbaits? just curious, cuz it'd be sweet to catch some of those monster flatheads!

wow man those are nice! when u guys fish for these, where do u usually fish? jw cuz whenever i've gone out, all i've gotten are like 3-5 pounders. and what do u usually use? like cutbait? or stinkbaits? just curious, cuz it'd be sweet to catch some of those monster flatheads!

I use live bait only, I fish for them from late April til October, I fish all over, I focus on snag piles, current seems, and creek mouths. Fishing has been tough for all lately, so time spent on the water will get you the fish. If something isnt working, try something else, then go back and try it again.

I have spent approx 200 hours chasing flatheads this year so far, and this has been a slow year.