• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Fish Jake! You just keep slaying them....your earlier morning cat got me jonesin' so i went out this morning and got this girl round 9am.....Thing is this fish didn't take one foot of line. I was watching the line and noticed it was bouncing like a turtle was pecking at it. So i pick up the rod and hold it for a couple minutes while its pecking at my bait. Finally it grabs it solid enough(didnt take line) and i set the hook! And bamm its heavy and it surprised the [PoorWordUsage] out of me considering i thought it was a turtle......after a nice little fight i got her netted with some quick pics...Not quite an upgrade but nice fish for a beautiful morning on the river...

39x23.5100_2042.jpg

100_2044.jpg

Jake its fate that you be KING OF THE CATS and I would have to say that yes you was the guide being I have never really fished that area before but the little bit of area that I saw I learned a lot.The depth finder really tells a pretty good stroy.I had a lot of fun fishing with you guys last night. we gotta do it again soon.

alright this is as close as I could get to hotockets whole face in a pic.gotta love that smile it tells the story man. This fish was one of the most solid fish that I have seen in a long time its belly was rock hard and it was solid muscle right to the tail and very a heavy fish.

001-8.jpg

Looks like a brute. I love seeing all these pictures of these fish. I love all the different colors each one has. I have never seen one like another. I would like to know what causes them to be the color they are. Seems a lot of my fish I have caught on point 1 have been relatively close in color. Next bend up they all seem to be a bit more of a mustard color.

I am assuming: diet, water temp and depth have a huge factor in a fishes color.

HPs recent fish sure has a variety of different colors! You can just tell in the pic that fish is solid. Defined belly not flabby... Maybe it ate a small shadow child just before she was caught.

I would have to say i was the guide. But we fished a spot i havent fish in a long time. It still had a big girl there.

Last night was my first time fishing the river down stream of Jordan. I pretty much just fish Jordan point 1 and 2. I need a d@mn boat! Shakopee area looked pretty nice and was an easy walk to get to shore.