• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer a lot of little problems

Dahitman44

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's called protecting your investment. they are going to pay him a lot of money over the next many years and they want him to be in the lineup six years from now so they have to plan for it. I doubt Joe is begging gardy every other day to let him sit.

I don't argue with this at all. I HAVE NEVER STATED THAT IT IS JOE MAUERS FAULT THAT HE HAS TO SIT AS MANY DAYS AS HE DOES. For a ctcher I thing Joe probably plays a good deal more than the average but not for an OFFENSIVE SUPER STAR. That is the difference.

You better hope that he is in the line-up 8 years from now not just 6.

I don't argue with this at all. I HAVE NEVER STATED THAT IT IS JOE MAUERS FAULT THAT HE HAS TO SIT AS MANY DAYS AS HE DOES. For a ctcher I thing Joe probably plays a good deal more than the average but not for an OFFENSIVE SUPER STAR. That is the difference.

You better hope that he is in the line-up 8 years from now not just 6.

I do agree that as the offensive stud he should be in the line up as much as possible. But I have no problem seeing him DH, it keeps him in the lineup and allows for rest for other player by shuffling the lineup. And one thing that makes it seem like joe is catching less, is since pavano started pitching hot, he's been butara as his personal catcher in every start.

but you did call a two time batting champ and the only AL catcher to win a batting title ,, and one of the top 5 overall players in the league a "slacker" ??. Come on. Get real. IF #4 can get by on his clown act,, #7 is deserving of a few days off. Stop the Mauer bashing. Check his stats.(not much change this season compared to carrer #'s) Some of you guys I think are paid with a few Old Styles by Windy to in work undercover....

Mauers HR last would not have left Target Field. I think its mostly the new park that is going to hurt his HR numbers. With that said he has 37 doubles I can only imagine how many of those have been off the wall at home. I dont think we will ever see the HR numbers he had last year.

Its nice to see him hitting again and picking it up though. I dont care if it was rest, that shot or what, just hope it continues.

boy i really wish we werent spending 12 million on mauer this season... over the last 12 games he is batting a measly .543 with 2 HRs and 19 RBIs... i sure wish we had that money still, then we could sign other guys and have buterra catching all the games.

besides, who needs a catcher that contends for the batting title year in and year out? [insert sarcasm]

boy i really wish we werent spending 12 million on mauer this season... over the last 12 games he is batting a measly .543 with 2 HRs and 19 RBIs... i sure wish we had that money still, then we could sign other guys and have buterra catching all the games.

besides, who needs a catcher that contends for the batting title year in and year out? [insert sarcasm]

Very easy to state when Joe is playing well. I like Joe and its very easy to state what you do after Joe has been on fire for a few week.

Very easy to state when Joe is playing well. I like Joe and its very easy to state what you do after Joe has been on fire for a few week.

Yeah, but it is pretty justifiable since Joe has "played well" basically his whole career. The folks who were on him early were complaining about a guy hitting around .300!!

I agree Joe is hitting great and I am real happy about that as the Twins need it. If the Twins are going to make the play offs, Joe is a huge part of that.

He should be hitting well for all the rest he has had.

Many simply wonder why he has missed so many games at the catcher position.

Yeah, but it is pretty justifiable since Joe has "played well" basically his whole career. The folks who were on him early were complaining about a guy hitting around .300!!

He better hit .300 if he is going to be making 23 mil for the next 8 years! A.J. Pierzynski is a career .282 batter who makes 6 mil. Looks to me like he needs to do something 4 times better than that to earn his checks next year.

He better hit .300 if he is going to be making 23 mil for the next 8 years! A.J. Pierzynski is a career .282 batter who makes 6 mil. Looks to me like he needs to do something 4 times better than that to earn his checks next year.

AJ is batting .231 this year which is 51 points below his career avg and Joe is batting 327 which just happens to be his career average.. And his avg has been climbing since the All Star break

AJ was a career .301 hitter making less than $400,000 when he left the Twins but because he wasn't "from here" no one cared when he left.

AJ was a career .301 hitter making less than $400,000 when he left the Twins but because he wasn't "from here" no one cared when he left.

no one cared because most people knew he was never the caliber of player that even remotely had the potential to win a batting title let alone an MVP.

cant say he is to great in the "DRAMA" department either