• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Women's GTG

By the way, why the launch instead of the pontoon this year? No one want to stay sober enough to handle it? or the cost?

We decided to do the launch this year so someone else can worry about the navigating and then we can all concentrate on fishing. We might even learn some good spots. Last year it was pretty windy and trying to keep the pontoon on course was pretty tough, plus some of us got pretty wet from the waves splashing over the front. It was mighty windy.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, I used to not like touching them but my niece cured me of that when she was younger, she was playing with them and even kissed one. After that I just started not fearing them. But I have taught most of my 9 nieces and nephews how to hook them and I have a lot of patience. And if all else fails I am willing to bait your hook.

Hope

Wow - after I said I'd go along, I went back and started reading old posts. I'm afraid with my cute little fishing rod and tackle box, I might not fit in. But I do a good job of pouring drinks. Does that count??

Debbie - don't worry about not fitting in. We come from different backgrounds, have different amounts of fishing experience, but we all want to learn more about fishing, and have fun doing it.

The good thing about a Launch is that they provide all the rods and reels, so that makes it way easy.

Sure wish I had your camera gear Debbie, we have 2 trumpeter swans hanging on the lake and this was the best I could do with my wimpy canon. And as you can see the ice still isn't out yet. The open water is where a creek runs in.

swan2.jpg

Oh Geez - Better not let the boss see this!!

Barb - Sure wish I was there. Caught the trumpeters when they were in Monticello. Nothing too great, but I'm still learning. Now I'm on the hunt for Pileated Woodpeckers, found what I hope will continue to be an active nest.

I just had to tease the new girl...41 posts and she is one of the top posters... crazy

And she is only 40 behind Shane!! laugh

Sorry for hijacking the posts...I'll go back to Glenn's site now.

smirklaughlaughlaugh LOL! funnt guy. wink

In response to:

Poster: glenn57

Subject: Re: 2nd Annual Women's GTG

Originally Posted By: dude Lake TomI just had to tease the new girl...41 posts and she is one of the top posters...

And she is only 40 behind Shane!!

Sorry for hijacking the posts...I'll go back to Glenn's site now. LOL! funnt guy.

A lady where I used to work called me Mr. Mushroom, because I was such a fun guy (sp). grin

Originally Posted By: dude Lake Tom
Sorry for hijacking the posts...I'll go back to Glenn's site now.

Glenn has his own site?!?!?!? shockedeek

I thought the Women's forum was his home-away-from-home. confusedgrin it is. ULT felt compeled to start one for me in the outdoor disc forum. i think under lisas request, maybe. laughgrinsmile anyway its been quite interesting.