• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Women's GTG

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got skillz Barb! winklaugh

I can't wait to see your SUV tent! I betcha it's slick!

Trust me it was a pain in the behind trying to set it up at Osakis, it came with broken shock cords so it had to be jury rigged. It doesn't fit my SUV very well so I just use it as a regular tent. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I may have to do a couple of dry runs first. Or I could bring my EZ-Up and just park my SUV inside the tent. laugh

Hey gals - I'm back!!!!

Hope and I did get some brochures at the Sportshow, or we can talk to Paul. I am game for anything - Hope has had some experiences with different launches.

I did confirm with Paul that we will be up there taking over the tent area again. So he is good with that.

I am glad to hear there will be a bigger group!!!!

Lisa - Don't forget to spray down your tent with a little Non-Stick spray before you leave home. Those bugs don't smell too good after a few days in the sun.

I am getting so excited for this!!!! smile

I just got off the phone with Paul @ Appeldoorns and reserved nine spots on the launch through Hughley Guide Service for Sat 6/13, 8am-noon. It will not be a private launch. It is an open launch at $30 per person.

This is who I have so far (why I reserved 9 spots):

Iambjm

Tami

Muskybait

Hopeforfish

LisaTealz

Teresa

FishNovice 101

Patti

Debbie K.

If you go to Appeldoorn's HSOforum, there is a link to Hughley's and you can see pics of the boat and get any info you want.

Anyone out there that has been watching this thread, and not decided if they want to commit - better just do it. It will be so much fun!!!! grin

I am still in.... grin

and I'll be better prepared than at Osakis when it comes to the tent (my air mattress barely fit). I picked up a new tent and a tent fan/light. What is the cost for camping?

As we get closer, let me know what to bring for meals. I think I'm leaving my boat at home. I think its a little too small at 14ft (18hp johnson) for Mille Lacs unless someone knows of a close, protected bay. So hopefully someone will have an extra seat.

I'm excited to try my new trolling rig (I bought at the SportShow) on the first lake I ever used a trolling rig (thanks to the FM Fall night trolling GTG)

Patti,

Glad you are still in. I don't remember wat the charge was last year, and it included the pontoon. Anybody remember? It was pretty reasonable.

Set up your tent at least once before that weekend. You want to make sure everything works, and no parts are missing.

Probably a good idea to leav the little boat at home. If the waves kick up, you would not be happy. And they did last year!!

What kind of a trolling rig do you have? I tie Lindy's - better get mself busy with that.

Food - yeah we can talk about that as it gets closer. Nothing fancy I'm guessing.

Sorry Fish Novice(can't remember your first name) - wrong terminology - at the sportsshow I picked up a new trolling reel and rod - one with a line counter. I also won a whole box of lures and tackle at one of the booths grin

and yes, I will check the tent...even tho I've only used it once...it was a rough weekend...motorcycle chili-fee weekend over in WI shocked

By the way, why the launch instead of the pontoon this year? No one want to stay sober enough to handle it? or the cost?

And Julia...this is a great bunch of ladies...i showed up for the camping weekend in july only having met one of them once (Tammy). I had a great time and learned alot.

Wow - after I said I'd go along, I went back and started reading old posts. I'm afraid with my cute little fishing rod and tackle box, I might not fit in. But I do a good job of pouring drinks. Does that count??

Fishnovice - I'm just off 242 & Hwy 65.

Don't worry Debbie. We all like to fish and that is all that matters. I have considered buying a pink fishing rod but don't like the ones that are currently out there. I do have a pink ice rod though. My biggest advice for these GTG is be yourself and don't sweat the small stuff.

Hope

Debbie,

Don't worry about your gear....mine isn't anything special...spent a whole $30 on the new rod and reel...

Besides - looks like you spend your money on my other favorite hobby - photography - I'm jealous about that. My Canon Rebel film camera got driven over when someone was trying to steal my car. I replaced it (3 yrs ago) with a very nice 8.1mp/12x zoom (couldn't afford a digital SLR) and it was a victim of the biker chili-feed I mentioned early and yes, I took the cheap camera out at night to protect the good one. Unfortunately, after buying my first house, another good camera isn't in the budget right now.

And a good bartender IS necessary!!

Wow - after I said I'd go along, I went back and started reading old posts. I'm afraid with my cute little fishing rod and tackle box, I might not fit in. But I do a good job of pouring drinks. Does that count??

Fishnovice - I'm just off 242 & Hwy 65.

Don't worry about fitting in, you ought to see some of our gear. I went out and bought a rod and reel last year to replace my pike rod that I broke and ended up with one you could use for fishing sharks. The dang thing is so heavy I hate even using it. The only thing you need to fit in is the desire to fish, eat great food, laugh your guts out, good rain gear, and be able to put your own leeches on. laugh

I am known as the leech lady, I brought a pound of them last year and will again this year.

Patti - I jumped into the DSLR world a little over a year ago and still learning alot, but I'm having fun. It's something I really enjoy.

lambjm - I was fitting in pretty good until I hit the leeches part. Can I use pretend leeches?? And the gear I have came from hubby.