• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Women's GTG

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debbie,

My first FM GTG wasn't even a Womans GTG.

I showed up for an Annandale GTG at 7 a.m. on a Sun. morning never having met a single person. Tammy was the only woman that day. Since she had her kayak and I had never even handled my own boat yet(even tho I brought it with), the FM host found me a boat to jump into. We made our introductions on the way to the first fishing spot.

I had a great time and learned alot. First time I ever fished for bass on purpose - lol. smile

My one and only Womans GTG was the Osakis trip - in fact, since Lisa didn't go, I haven't even met her yet. My boat went in the water that trip - and the gals were great about helping me learn how to handle it(poor Hope got stuck with me).

After that I made 2 more trips last fall - Mille Lacs Trolling Weekend and one in So. MN at Madison Lake

And about the hubby? I'm divorced - didn't even have brothers.

My love for fishing came from my dad and grandpa.

My ex occasionally fished(but he had other "hobbies"). Now that I'm single *and* have my own boat - I'm ready to learn all I can and meet all the new people I can. And if I ever do have a hubby again? He better love to fish cool

So bottom line? I haven't met all of these gals either and most only once - a year ago. So quit worrying about not knowing anybody and have a great time!!

And bartender, who DOESN'T need a good bartender ?!?!

so how many " send pictures of boat" do you get? crazygrinwinkwhistle if ya know what i mean? smirkgrinlaughwhistlewhistle

Yes, I remember the old joke. shocked I'm not on any dating websites(debating on that one) but I do have a pic of my boat on my aol profile. And I can always send them to the forum if they want to see more pics.

Heck!! Maybe I should add it as my avatar??

Where oh where are Teresa and Shelly?

I am so excited for this trip - I had the Mille Lacs lake map out today. Got some good spots from a guy at work, not too far from Appeldoorns.

Went out and looked in the boat last night, got the batteries charging. I climbed up in the boat - BIG MISTAKE cry Bent the knees too much - today they really hurt.

Lisa - the p0tty was one reason for choosing that particular launch, plus it looks like a good sized boat. Plenty of room.

Ya - well, it was my first time without my hubby or son. The good thing about Appeldoorns is that you don't have to launch your own boat. They hook up your trailer to their tractor and back you out into the lake. It is so easy - and I got spoiled.

My boat's pretty easy to run, so that helps. And, everyone else knew sometinhg about boating as well, so help was readily available.

Fish - (I can't keep calling you that, what is your name???) I like the "don't have to launch the boat" part. Our boat is pretty easy to run as well, but I have to admit, it is the hubby's baby so I get real nervous when he has me take over.

Quote:
Just don't let lisa put on your slip bobber J/K
Hey, there's no J/K about it Hope! I don't use bobbers very much so it may happen again this year! I'm more of a jigging or lindy type of gal. grincool

Quote:
I'm sure you did a very good job too.
She did a very good job. Both her and Barb rocked with their boats. Tami was a pretty fun pontoon driver too! Free showers and all!

Patti - I found this.

After uploading to Photobucket, come into HSO/FM and click on "my stuff" at the top, choosing "my profile." Then page down to the bottom of the profile to where the avatar is and paste your avatar URL in where it asks you to, making sure you check the circle that says "URL to your avatar."

Your avatar can be a jpg or a gif or a couple other formats, and should be smaller than 110 pixels across by 150 pixels deep.

Thanks Debbie...I've tried that...when I'm on photobucket I choose "share" and then it brings up a box with a URL.

I paste that in and get: UBB Message

Improper picture type.

I even clicked the "get link code" and have tried a few of those options....