• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PerchKing - Lake Gogebic Fishing Reports - Michigan UP

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vook,

I guess you were right, wow I bet the girth on that is close to 11-12 inches... I like my women a little hefty but when there height matches their girth, then they have a problem...

Nice catch. 65 degrees here in DC, just thought I would let you know...

On millacs Mon. and was talking to a fellow with wigglers. He got them from a friend who came over from Mich. he said the went into streams and screened the mud to get them.

They use a chainsaw and cut a large square out of the ice...then they use what they call a "rake" to "muck" the wigglers from the soft bottom. I've never seen it done but I might be willing to give it a whirl!

Bill,

I don't think you will find mud flats like we think of on say Mille Lacs. I think the reference to mud just the bottom type you need to be on as that is where the magical wigglers are and the perch are looking for their meal. Perchking & Vook are the experts here so they will probobly chime in.

Hawkeye,

We are hopefully going to be up for 4 days at the end of the month also.

Maybe we can hook up.

Bill,

I know it is tourney time on LG so most people are pretty tight lipped when it comes to spots, the Hog-A-Thon is on the 28th with some pretty good prizes. I can tell you that you should be looking for large flats in 20+ feet of water. I like to stay away from the crowds at this time, and keep it quite once you find them.

Good luck, you will find them.

PK

hugonian1, Are you staying at gus's?? My son and TO will be there on Thursday. I have a play that my daughter thinks I need to be there, so I will be traveling late night.

perchking, Are you guys having a melt down this week also???

Hey Guys,

Well my trip didn't turn out as planned. Two hours before we were leaving I got a phone call that my dad was in the hospital again for complications from a snomobiling accident that happened about two weeks ago. I had my bags packed and already bought my license.... frown Anyways I stayed back (my dad is o.k.) and my buddies went up there. They fished for a day and a half, landing 20 walleyes and zero perch. Half of the eyes were legal with two being 23". They caught them all after dark (they pulled a wheelhouse out). For some stupid reason it didn't sound like they tried for perch all that hard (don't know why?) but they did have a lot of fun. They said they sure got a lot of funny looks from the locals!! smile

I hope to make it up next year!

Sorry to hear about your dad man, but glad he is doing ok. That many walleyes and a couple over 20 is a great trip. I only have a handful of walleyes over 20 on Gogebic. I can just imagine the looks they got with that wheelhouse grin

Hey guys. There is no snow on the lake, just some H20 out there now and trucks were abundant on Friday and Sunday when I was out there. There were TONS of fishermen (the most I've ever seen) on those days. I heard one spot had over 100 shacks!!! The bite was awesome on Friday but slowed down greatly the next two days. I am now in search mode and trying to get away from the crowds... I have a pink shack w/a polka dot four wheeler. If you see me please stay clear! Thanks! I got some pics which I'll post later on today. smile

Originally Posted By: vook
I have a pink shack w/a polka dot four wheeler. smile

Finally decided you've had enough of that fish trap huh? not a basd decision to update that suzuki either. grin

Hey, whats wrong w/my Suz? Notice I did'nt ask the same bout my trap? smile

Vook,

That get up sounds like a fisherman magnet.

grin

Maybe a "chick" magnet hugo!! Here's a few pics- first 2 pics all 3 just short of 2... 3rd pic was Friday (those are the ones I kept of the 27 I ended up catching).

Perch022.jpg

Perch023.jpg

Perch020.jpg