• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PerchKing - Lake Gogebic Fishing Reports - Michigan UP

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawkeye,

I think we are heading up Wednesday afternoon.

Plan on fishing Thursday, Friday, Hog-A-Thon Saturday, and Sunday morning- then heading home.

We are staying at the Fish Tales resort.

We will have a grille out on the ice with us and usually cook up a lunch to break the day up.

It would be fun to hook up.

I sure hope the ice holds up.

It could be... extended forecast has rain Sat-Thursday! Highs in the mid to high 40's with a few days w/lows in the teens. It'll be interesting to say the least.

That's tough to hear. Brandon, please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yeah I will keep you posted. The latest I've heard is that the water has subsided somewhat. All of the resorts have blocked off their access to the lake for trucks... I'm not too sure if they are blocked for wheelers or sleds but I will let ya know.

If I had to give odds at the Hog-a-thon happening I'd say its 90/10 to the good! smile

Well I was told by the resort that they closed the landings to trucks. We were going to bring the sled but there is no snow and my buddies sled isn't good on bare ice and we have no wheeler. So now what? Is there public accesses around the lake to walk out from? I have the chip but can't find any. We leave friday morning at 2 am. Any help will be great.

I looked on the chip again and found nothing and am now using google earth and have found one on the SE side, a big one on the S side, one on the W side on the south part of the lake, possibly one on the W side towards the N part, another one on the W side towards the N part ans I think that is it. So I count maybe 5. Can anyone confirm that?

If the resort owners have now closed down the access's you will not be able to get on the lake with a truck. None of public launches are plowed during the winter. Remember the lake is only a mile or so wide. We walk %80 of the time. If you are trying to find specific mud flats they really don't exist, its all mud in the middle. What you need to find is an active wiggler bed in the mud. Get off the shore line which are rocks and you will be in mud. there has been alot of activity lately out there, so look for good number of people, then look at your GPS or Map and you will be close. If you want to stay away from the crowds go the West shore which is still producing fish. Where are you staying?