• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can you really get in shape with a Wii?

tacklejunkie

ive tried it a couple time and some of the excercises actually get the heart pumpin, like the hulla hoop. Its a blast and gets ya movin but the main thing is is that u do have to get into it and not try to cheat the system.

Wii Fit has been awesome for me. But I did not need it for losing weight.

I wont go into details but I had some medical problems over the summer that required extensive physical therapy. My therapist suggested wii fit for me to work at home with.

I laughed at first, but now that I have actually tried it myself I use it everyday as part of my rehab. For me its mostly for getting back balance and fine motor skills, but I can work out for an hour on there and just be dripping in sweat. There are a couple activities on there as mentioned if done right will really give you a great work out.

It has definately help aid in my recovery and got me back in to shape and build up some strength and stamina. But it has also been very fun at the same time.

i have never tried it so i can't comment, but i like the idea that it might trick some of those little porker kids into moving around a bit since going outside and tearing around on your bike isn't as fashionable as it was even 10 years ago.

i did laugh pretty hard when i saw the nintendo branded workout towels and water bottles selling for primo prices at best buy yesterday.

I bought it for my wife for Christmas.

Yes, yes, yes, pretty much in line with buying her a treadmill. laugh

Anyways, after the first 2 days, she was so sore that she had to take a day off.

The more things you do, the more rewards you get so you get more workout.

If you run the short distance for a period of time, then you get the long distance award.

The yoga parts of it are really neat, you can see how out of balance you really are.

I bought mine from the list that Craig has on the internet, paid $130. New they're about $90, if you can find them.

I was in a Best Buy a week ago and they had 30 of them there. If I would have known they're still in such demand, I would have bought 2 (limit) and put them back on "the List".

I don't know about getting in shape but I did bowl my first perfect Wii bowling game. Buried the first 11 shots and the 12th was a little light and I needed help on the 10 pin from one of the pins that flew off the gutter. It just tapped the 10 and my son and I went crazy when the 10 pin fell! Very cool.

I think the bowling is about the closet of all the Wii to the real thing.

Now where to I write to get my 300 ring from Wii? LOL

Windy

bought a wii and a wii fit for the wife for x-mas/bday....she wanted it..dont use it much...paid close to $400 bux for everthing.

Kinda like the eliptical machine she wanted last yr that was $350...uses never...lol

who knew that just buying these things wouldnt melt it off...u actually have to use um?????? wierd i was shocked also.....