• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to get out on Yellow in the next few weeks. My father has a place on the east side off of Jeffries Rd. I've had some fun with the crappies in the spring but have not fished on the ice out there. I'll report back when I make it out there!

Was out on a small lake yesterday and got a dozen pretty decent crappies but the ice is deteriorating fast. Right now I'd say it's day to day for getting out there. A friend stopped by Clam yesterday and they were getting to the ice with boats.

Well, if you're willing to go that route, you should be able to catch fish. Before the landing got real bad (last Wednesday and Thursday), a friend of mine was doing really good out there. I sold my john boat 4 years ago and kind of sorry I did now.

no I won't go that route, not as daring as I use to be.

I'm with ya. We'll have open water soon enough. Time to start thinking about turkey season. smile

I'll be on Yellow. Fishing walleye with live bait, drifting, backtrolling, bobber fishing, jigging, whatever works. Maybe trolling the shallows with Rappalas will be the ticket. Don't go in with only one game plan.

Unless the crappies are biting, then all bets are off. smile

Fished Devils lake this weekend with some success. Nice Sunfish on crawlers in 4-6 feet of water. Trolled #9 shads for Walleyes and picked up lots of Large mouths in 18-22 feet. When the Sun was out the Blue/White color was the target, while cloudy it was brown/white. Caught a few Pike on floating raps and minnows in the 12-16 feet.

This was my first year fishing the lake but the water level seemed fine accept at the landing as you have to back out a ways and need solid four wheel drive to get out. I will be back up the last weekend in July with another report.