• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports

Can anybody give me some info on how I can get started in fishing local fishing tournaments around the Grantsburg Siren area I am origionally from the Cities but My parent have a cabin up in that area and I am up there everyweekend can anybody help me??<P>Thanks <BR>Big Fish Hunter247

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really picky on what kind of contest it is I am just wondering what kinds go on in that area and how I can get into them I have fished the Wood Lake contest 2 years now I am just wondering if the is any in the summer time and how to get into them

Big Fish Hunter247

once again - you're not in the city any more - there are not any "bass clubs". bass fishing isn't that popular here. pike, walleye and muskies are king here. there is the mudhun lake sportsman's club and the fishbowl sportsman's club. this is small town wisconsin - you don't need a club to go fishing. the only club we have is our friends and family that we fish with.

Helabass,
How was the fishing up at Trade and Wood this weekend? Were teh bass going? Keep the reports coming! I thought i heard there was a tourney going on those lakes last weekend, let me know how the results were, thanks.

Catchin'

Thanks Dan but it seems bait shop reports can be suspect, especially for bass fishermen who tend to be tight lipped. Hopefully these forums will bring out more conversation on what seems to work straight from the fishermen's mouths!

-catchin

Bass fishing on Spirit Lake is not the greatest my parents used to stay at the campground that on the lake I fished it all the time there are better lakes in the area I have one but I wont tell smile.gif There a ALOT of snakes in the lake that about all you will catch.

Big FishHunter247

I have a better lake for bass but I am not telling smile.gif every bass I have caught out of Spirit has been well under the 14inch limit so i think it isnt even worth fishing anymore the northern in the lake are way to small people are getting desperate on the lake they are keeping EVERYTHING no matter what size it is. Just go into the fish cleaning house in the campground and you will see what I am talking about but thats just my 2 cents about the lake

Big Fish Hunter247

big fish hunter,
as a local, i can tell you that there's great fishing in spirit lake. just because you couldn't find the big ones on the weekends when the tourists turn this place into disneyland, doesn't mean they're not there. but you wouldn't want to listen to a local's tips. and no, i've got no reason to visit the campground - i live here! the fishing in the city must be a lot better?

yes most of the city lakes that I fish a WAY better than Spirit Lake that lake is over populated with "stunted" bass amd northern they wont get any bigger till people start releaseing the bigger fish its called "Catch and Release" maybe once and a while you will get a big one but thats few and far between. The reason why I said visit the campground one night is because if you look in the fish cleaning house you will see how desperate people are about catching fish in that lake the will keep even the smallest fish its pathetic

Big FishHunter247

i heard the open water snomobile races are
being held in grantsburg this weekend,anywhere i can logon and get a schedule of events??what lake is this being held at and times??plan on being in danberry
this weekend and may think about heading over
to see the festivities

its held friday through sunday this weekend, with live bands (free to the public) friday and saturday nights on main street. saturday night is also the excellent fireworks show. its all held at the end of main street, in memory lake. i used to live 2 blocks from the the lake, and have seen (and heard) enough for a lifetime, having been robbed by a tourist while volunteering at the event, i don't go to it anymore. the two bars on main street are hopping all weekend. i've seen guys bring lawn chairs into the bar and sit around the pool table drinking. the weekend wrist band to kind of spendy - probably $20 or so. if you haven't seen the races or the the party, or are interested in either snowmobile racing or antique sleds, its something you've got to see.<BR>dan

thanks dan for the info,its exactly what i was looking for.maybe after amorning of fishing,it will be time for a ride over to the event,sorry to hear about your past experience,some people can ruin any event.
it made no mention of the bands playing though but i will find out,good luck with
the wet lines