• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports

I have had some luck on the minong flowage, the river that flows to the south of the flowage is good to fish from shore at places, and mathews lake have been a good spot also, all within 30 miles of you. There is a nice swimming beach on minong flowage, at the state park, and there is an island to stop at and let the kids play on also. Good luck if you nail them give us a report so we can try it some time.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would really like to hear where you fished and how you did. I will be on Yellow this weekend. A buddy has a cabin there and has been doing pretty good lately. Mostly leeches and crawlers in 16 - 20 fow. The weed edges on this lake are always worth a try.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I never did leave Sand Lake. With the family along, fishing time was precious, so we never tried a different lake. Just a lot easier to jump in the boat tied to the dock, rather than trailering to a different lake. Once again, NO WALLEYES. We did have a lot of fun catchin bass though. We caught about 15 per 2 hours, the biggest was 17 1/2, with a couple 17's. Just throwin rattlin' raps though weedlines and jig & worm on breaks. The kid at the bait shop said yellow is a good walleye lake. He said he focuses on the north/northwest breakline. Hope you find em', thanks for all the input, and again sorry for the lack of info.

Some friends and I caught a couple of walleyes out of the clam river a few weeks ago. I knew there were some in there but I had never caught them before. We fished late at night and in a deep pool below a bridge with a jig and a crawler. Probably caught 5 catfish to every one walleye though.

we were out on sand also we found a large school of crappies and picked off a few and also lots of bass biggest being 19 we cvaught all our bass in the SW corner on the gradual break in about 8 feet on topwaters. Good luck whereever you go and if anyone goes to Yellow please post a report.

Ryan

On the southeast side of Yellow lake where the yellow river flows is pretty good at night using lighted slip bobbers and leaches.

A even better lake for eyes is big Dunham lake west of Siren. The lake is just south of hwy 70, just as your passing Mudhen lake on 70. It's a deep,clear lake so It's usually last to freeze over. The first bay near the boat ramp is usually a good bet day or night.

Give it a try, It's one of the better walleye lakes in the area. And it's one of those little WI secrets that even some locals don'nt know about. grin.gif

I was just up in Webb Lake for St Patty's Day (about 20 miles northeast of Siren) and we had about 3 feet of ice. The snow has nearly all melted on the ice and left a very slick surface. Bring your ice cleats.

I was out yesterday near Hayward and was right at the handle bars of the auger to get through. There might be a lake or two that you'd need an extension but I've gotten through on every lake I've been on with out one so far. Might not be a bad idea to throw one in if you have one.

Here is my take on it, if you have a 4 wheeler bring it. The snow has already turned to slush, the landings are getting bad. Better safe than sorry. Was out to Sand, pertty slow. I don't think you will need a extension, I didn't. There driving all over[not me, 4 wheeler only] but it is starting to get soft. Good luck

got out this weekend thurs fri sat and sunday... thursday night we got 2 crappies 10 and 12"s then friday we drove ot on a lake near webb lake and got 1 13" crappie and some gills. came back to my small lake later and got a few gills and perch. Saturday tried a new lake maybe 20 acres but it didnt pan out only getting one small gill. we came back early and got some more nice gills maybe 10 of them. sunday we stuc around my small lake again and got 22 gills for the pan largest being 9.5inches.

Too bad it was so cold the fish were very stationary and you had to drill a lot of holes to get on top of them.

Ice is still good for driving and should be for another week i would say.

Later,

Ryan

Yeah actually we had about twenty crappies with a handful right at the 12in mark and almost all of them over 10in. We were out before the sun came up and left with fifty fish by 8am. The five gallon bucket with the fish weighed almost 30lbs!