• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports

Fished Yellow lk 2day. got 3 walleyes in 9ft water off Jefferies landing, we had 9 to 14 inches of ice we pulled 2 crank downs out with our pickups had no trouble 2 to 4 inches of snow on ice. good ice we drilled our way out cking ice all the way the guy with me put his shack out in 30fow and got crapies at sunset. he left his shack out there. Got good bait at Fur fin and feathers sports at siren fatheads and shinners and waxies plan to fish there over wkend 4 jumbo perch good luck be cautious and ck ahead

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished yellow again south side a day late, wednesday and thurs they were getting crapies in the 31ft area i heard about it and headed out got 1 crapie missed a few more. Not to good ! plan to start fishing perch now hope there are a few of them bitting havent had any great reports on local lakes in the area, lake ice was ok with about 1 to 3 inches of water on it should freez up in the next few days. there was no snow left on the ice hear. hope to give a good perch report in the next few days.

Anyone on here ice fish Big McKenzie (Burnett County) very often? I tried fishing Yellow a few times last year for Walleye and only caught a few small ones. I studied the topo maps for Big Mckenzie and it appears to have good structure for holding Walleye's. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot just an idea of the amount of fish one can expect to see with doing their homework and using a GPS/vexilar. If Mckenzie is not great what is another close lake (my inlaws cabin is on Lake 26). Feel free to PM me.

I have a place on the flowage and was up for the weekend of the 4th, what a zoo!! But we still did real well on the crappies. If you find the brushpiles the crappies will be real tight and in there. Seems like if your 10 feet away from the brush - no fish. I have 6-7 nice brush piles marked and I'll anchor over it and throw out a boober to float around but most of my fish will come verticle jigging right in the brush. usually don't fish the walleyes, but catch alot in the brush with the crappies. I'll be back up this weekend hopefully it will be a little quieter. The big sunfish are on the prowl also.

good luck

Brian