• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

In Montana it's as long as you're brave (or stupid) enough to go out on the ice. I grew up in northern Michigan, and it used to always irritate me when pike season closed at the end of Feb.

In Montana it's as long as you're brave (or stupid) enough to go out on the ice. I grew up in northern Michigan, and it used to always irritate me when pike season closed at the end of Feb.

We get to March 15th now in MI they changed things a few years ago.

Nice mount!! I just had a visit from my brother who brought my pike from last year to me. It was his first solo mount and only the third he has done. He was kinda hard on himself about a few mistakes, but I think its awesome.

full-39199-31345-imag0036.jpg

full-39199-31346-imag0040.jpg

full-39199-31348-pike3.jpg

Well, it starts again... I didn't even get a break between deer season and fishing this year!! Not that I can complain too much:) I got out for a couple hours last night and didn't see a fish. The lake looks really cloudy, but I'll be back out there after I get some biscuits and gravy in my belly. Four clear inches on the lake I sit. Hopefully I'll have a better pic than this one to post later! full-39199-39455-cam00104.jpg

Well, it starts again... I didn't even get a break between deer season and fishing this year!! Not that I can complain too much:) I got out for a couple hours last night and didn't see a fish. The lake looks really cloudy, but I'll be back out there after I get some biscuits and gravy in my belly. Four clear inches on the lake I sit. Hopefully I'll have a better pic than this one to post later! full-39199-39455-cam00104.jpg

Nice! I usually transition from deer hunting to a week of rabbit hunting, then hit the spear shack, but with a later deer opener pushing into the end of November, I have the ice itch and the lakes here are ready. Your photo did NOT help scratch that itch smile