• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

first post here been doing a lot of back reading on you guys that have been doing this for awhile. this is my second year doing it I don't have my own gear yet because im not sure what spear I want. seen some really nice ones from a couple of you guys. my first fish first toss was a 34" 9lbs. so far this year got 10 under my belt and have startd to be more selective on my fish to were I actually was able to play with them. one day we had up to 3 fish in the hole at one time and seen over 20 fish in the day.

247_zps05c17fea.jpg

file_zps47da6813.jpeg

2013-12-13-12-05-33_zps2706c74f.jpg

2013-12-13-12-06-48_zps262660bd.jpg

IMAG0049_BURST002_zpsd1538d7c.jpg

I have more pictures but the fish are frozen or on the spear.

First off Welcome to the HSO Family Hillbilly,

Glad you shared your experiences with us and I know the feeling when you have three in the hole at the same time.. its a rush and a feeling like no other I have ever encountered.

Great pictures and [lease keep sharing your experiences.

thanks guys. I was planning on getting the my 8 year old out for his first time but mother nature said other wise with the 20mph winds and rain this morning.

and one spear that I didn't see any one have or mention was double dimoand.

I don't know anyone that has one either. I know someone that has one of his saws.

Mj what did you use on your corners,as my house is in need of some but I don't know what to use.

Aluminum. I can't remember what size but I got them at the save big money store. They were barely wide enough to cover so I drilled holes close to the edge and angled the screws in. It turned out real good.

I used the strips that you buy with rubber roofing across the top edges.

Love the Shack MJ, where did you get the pike silhouette from? It just happens to be the same one that I had on my 6X8 wheel house... Very cool

I traced some decoys and pike wall art I have on construction paper. I cut them out with an X-acto knife and taped them on the wall and used spray paint. Tracing and cutting the spear out was quite a bit of work but it was fun.

kinda slow in here....well I made it out today in -14 and brought an newbie

I had him clear the hole while I warmed up my finger tips and got the house out

0108140923a_zpsfbd1e90f.jpg

I couldn't get my screws in the ice so I used my log chains to hold the house out workd pretty well and I brought 2 augers with because its 50miles back home.

0108140953a_zpsf132f330.jpg

holes way bigger then I thought it was roughly 48"x36" and the black thing I found on road on my turn to the lake not sure what it is but it helpd keep my feet of the ice and made the house a lot more darker. oh and after all this work I was way less water then I thought we were in 6 foot of water and that's to the top of the ice so id say maybe 4' from below the ice.

0108140954a_zps8e12dcb6.jpg

dropd the decoy down and it wasn't even to the bottom of the string yet and the newbie naild it didn't even have to let the spear go lol. 24" and couple pounds.

0108141007_zpsd676a650.jpg

then I got a bunch of fish pictures and some videos but cant get them to load on to photobucket?

I bought a buddy 2 decoys for his birthday and haven't given them to him yet so I thought id try them before id give them to him. first one is a yellow and orange Lakco plastic which swam horrible ( I thought). but fish came in.

I also picked up a minnow harness to try it for the first time since I had some spare suckers.

0108141029a_zpsc6788414.jpg

then his last fish came in hot and he naild it the fish was 29" and thick and was around 8lbs picture makes it look like a baby. and he stuck his 3 in 45min and we seen 3 others besides his 3.

0108141044a_zps7c49f2cd.jpg

then we went threw the decoys to see what they liked today and we stuck fish on 3 different decoys. this one not sure who made it but it was heavy

0108141117e_zps58ff58ab.jpg

then this was a lakco wooden it was a little to light for me but swam ok

0108141144_zps073bfe65.jpg

If you look real close in that corner is a 10lber that just came threw and and I was screwing around with a fishing pole and didn't get a shot and he sat there watching and never came back

0108141248b_zps11a86bfd.jpg

only had 2 northerns that actually lookd at the sucker all the others naild the decoy.

0108141323_zps21083312.jpg

he got his 3 and I only got one since I was picky on fish today and just wanted to get some video and pictures

0108141420d_zps6a611338.jpg

these are the harnesse that I got that were huge on my suckers when I got home I pinched it shut so it was smaller and it was kinda plain do you guys put spinners or beads on yours.

0108141420d_zps6a611338.jpg

great pics and looks like fun and the harness might be big on your suckers but that also might mean your suckers are to small wink don't be afraid to use a 12-14 inch sucker, but you would want to maybe add a little weight to him so they don't swim all over the place.