• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Spring '09

mnmuzzleloader

I won't be putting in for the spring as my step son is getting married in May and that's when I've drawn my non-res WI tag the last 2 years. I need to find a place here in MN to turkey hunt.

Brian

Sure with it wasn't so far to hunt a mountain state.......

I don't think the holidays are a problem as much as it being right after deer season and right after thanksgiving. If a person is not hunting family land or leased land its difficult to pick a zone to hunt.

I'm thinking I might try an out of state hunt this coming spring. We'll see. Anything I can do to extend my season.

the outdoor news said the deadline is december 5th!

Yeah I saw that..... mine's going in tomorrow anyway!

Minnesota resident spring turkey hunters must apply by Friday, January 9, 2009, at any of the 1,800 ELS-POS agents throughout the state. A $3.00 application fee will be charged. This fee must be paid at the time of application at the ELS-POS vendor and is non-refundable. Residents may also apply through the Instant Licenses System (1-888-665-4236) or over the Internet (www.dnr.state.mn.us). An additional $3.50 convenience fee will be charged for applications made through the Instant License System or over the Internet.

HMMM... Both my neighbor's and my last issue says Jan. 9 in the little box at the bottom of the front page. That's weird.

I had to check here instead of the DNR HSOforum to confirm though. It's more fun. smile

I will be putting my app in with my group. We are doubling in size this year. I started doing this by myself 4 years ago knowing absolutely nothing other than it sounded like a blast and was a way to extend my hunting.

Now I've hunted with 4 different people and plan on applying with 3 of them this year as a group. The other is my little sister and I might end up "guiding" her and my dad for their first hunt. Its so much fun to share that passion.

Originally Posted By: browning24

HMMM... Both my neighbor's and my last issue says Jan. 9 in the little box at the bottom of the front page. That's weird.

I had to check here instead of the DNR HSOforum to confirm though. It's more fun. smile

this was the Nov.21st edition

Got a hot new spot in the Metro area that I was stuck hunting the late archery season last spring. Sure hope to draw an earlier tag this year. Shot the bird in my avitar there this fall.

I applied to my usual spot in 347. I had to balance the fishing opener and the weekend/weekday dilemma but I think "D" season will be a good choice, knock on wood for the weather (I got caught in snow in "C" last year which wrecked my hunt). I always have a Stillwater spot, maybe a Taylors Falls spot if I was really hard up, and a couple places within 15 minutes of home in case I don't get drawn (Scott county). I kind of like making my turkey hunt a destination trip, but there is something to be said about being close to home and sleeping in your own bed.

Get those applications in!